Travel plans

Help Support CattleToday:

Named'em Tamed'em

Reaction score
I'm going to Texas in the next month or two, flying into Houston and thought I'd check out the Alamo and River walk in San Antonio and Corpus Christi area. Anything a must see down there. Probably try to take the backroads traveling. I'll be gone a week or so.
Thanks Scott

Lots of Texas Revolution historical spots between San Antonio and Corpus, taking back roads you could see quite a few down that way.

Also, if you have a spare day (though out of the way if going to Corpus) driving through Leakey/Camp Wood/Concan West of San Antonio is some very cool scenery.

You can tour the King Ranch

I'm going to Texas in the next month or two, flying into Houston and thought I'd check out the Alamo and River walk in San Antonio and Corpus Christi area. Anything a must see down there. Probably try to take the backroads traveling. I'll be gone a week or so.
Thanks Scott
San Antonio is one of my favorite cities to visit and relax, my wife and I go a few times a year. Stay on the riverwalk or close by, lots of great places to eat. If it's a nice day, Casa Rio is a great place to sit outide on the riverwalk, drink margaritas and people watch, it's a short walk to the Alamo. The Menger Hotel is across the street from the Alamo. it is old so the rooms are a little small but it is an interesting place. Teddy Roosevelt recruited the Rough riders there and Cary Nation tried to chop the bar up with an axe. Supposed to be haunted but I've stayed and never seen a ghost. Go to El Mercado in the morning for breakfast at Mi Tierra, the breakfasts are incredible. Hope you have fun. My offices are in Houston, let me know when you are coming and if I'm in town I can meet you for dinner

San Antonio is one of my favorite cities to visit and relax, my wife and I go a few times a year. Stay on the riverwalk or close by, lots of great places to eat. If it's a nice day, Casa Rio is a great place to sit outide on the riverwalk, drink margaritas and people watch, it's a short walk to the Alamo. The Menger Hotel is across the street from the Alamo. it is old so the rooms are a little small but it is an interesting place. Teddy Roosevelt recruited the Rough riders there and Cary Nation tried to chop the bar up with an axe. Supposed to be haunted but I've stayed and never seen a ghost. Go to El Mercado in the morning for breakfast at Mi Tierra, the breakfasts are incredible. Hope you have fun. My offices are in Houston, let me know when you are coming and if I'm in town I can meet you for dinner
Thanks for the info!

Latest posts