Thoughts on travel this summer?

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
We usually make a trip to southeast Oklahoma at some point during the summer to visit with my wife's family there. We are not sure we are this time with all the virus stuff and protests. I'm not as concerned about the area there, but more concerned about the trip along the way, We go through several cities on the way and make several stops along. We usually stop off overnight on the east side of Memphis. That's right at the halfway point of the trip.
Has anybody traveled out of state much or planning too this summer?

How far are you from I64? Might be a longer drive but Evansville, and west of stl would be a better place to stop.

sim.-ang.king said:
How far are you from I64? Might be a longer drive but Evansville, and west of stl would be a better place to stop.

Thanks, we're only about 10 miles from I 64. That sounds to be a good option.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
I've traveled quite a bit during this nonsense. Go ahead with your regular routine.

How far from McAlester will you be?

I believe around 75 miles. We go to the area around Poteau in Le Flore County,

Ky hills said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
I've traveled quite a bit during this nonsense. Go ahead with your regular routine.

I suddenly find myself an part owner of a 100 acre ranch that has been used in the past as a cattle operation. Fenced, cross fenced, ponds and a big creek. We're remodeling the original home on the property. Everything will be brand new top to bottom. We hope to have it on the market in late July.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Ky hills said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

I suddenly find myself an part owner of a 100 acre ranch that has been used in the past as a cattle operation. Fenced, cross fenced, ponds and a big creek. We're remodeling the original home on the property. Everything will be brand new top to bottom. We hope to have it on the market in late July.

In McCalester?

Ky hills said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Ky hills said:

In McCalester?

Near McAlester, in Nale.

Ky hills said:
sim.-ang.king said:

Thanks, we're only about 10 miles from I 64. That sounds to be a good option.

we go out to Kansas rite on the Oklahoma border every year, we go through Paducah, Sikeston MO on to Springfield then Joplin, makes for a nice drive no interstate just good 4-lane no big cities to deal with. Might be worth your time.

From the looks of the traffic on I-84 here it is a go on travel. Many more out of state plates than Oregon plates. Vehicles packed up in ways that you can tell they are on vacation.

MN lake resorts are doing a good business. I think folks want to go somewhere while avoiding air travel and big crowds.
Canada is still restricting US travelers, since our national corona care policy is to delegate to states and large cities. What a joke.
I am watching to see how Sweden's experiment turns out. I think it will work in lower density situations.

Stocker Steve said:
MN lake resorts are doing a good business. I think folks want to go somewhere while avoiding air travel and big crowds.
Canada is still restricting US travelers, since our national corona care policy is to delegate to states and large cities. What a joke.
I am watching to see how Sweden's experiment turns out. I think it will work in lower density situations.

Sweden got hammered. We're fixing to be as well. It's gonna run it's course and we're not stopping it. Protect the elderly and compromised is about the best we can strive for.

Hang on.

sim.-ang.king said:

I wouldn't stop in Evansville theres a few murders there every day. I live 40 miles from there