Tractors with frontend loaders

Help Support CattleToday:

whitewing":2e5oatl2 said:
My JD's slightly smaller at 85HP on the PTO and is Brazilian-born. It's been a real workhorse though....bought it new here in Venezuela and added the loader immediately. Been happy with both since.
Did you ever buy that other tractor you spoke of?

Kingfisher":29zrl6uc said:
whitewing":29zrl6uc said:
My JD's slightly smaller at 85HP on the PTO and is Brazilian-born. It's been a real workhorse though....bought it new here in Venezuela and added the loader immediately. Been happy with both since.

My mechanic and I looked at the JD 4530 Sunday morning. He says worst case will be to replace the front and rear pumps....hydraulic (don't honestly know if the rear is a hydraulic pump or something else).....again, I'm not a mechanic. With that I'd spend about 25,000 bolivares or a bit over $3K for new pumps and his work. The cost could be considerably less if the pumps can be repaired. The owner is asking 70,000 bolivares or about $8750 for the tractor.

We also looked at a 140 hp Massey Ferguson 4 X 4 that is much, much newer for 200,000 bolivares......or about $25000. He liked this machine much better though it too needs a bit of work....perhaps $400 worth.

Today we're going to look at another JD, 130 hp with a 32 disc plow. They're asking 190,000 bolivares for the pair. I have no idea of the age of this tractor or its condition though my mechanic seems to think it's in good shape.

Where are you looking to be paying in bolivares?

I took another piccie this morning. This is with the hay forks that hubby made.

DSCF0485small.jpg

novaman":rshu1n6j said:
Here's my bad boy. Bought it a couple months ago. Absolutely love the thing. No idea how I ever got by without it.
7410.jpg
That is one nice tractor and has the looks to go with it.

Angus Cowman":3f0kljtw said:
tractor.jpg

heres one of mine the other is the same size tractor just a few yrs older
both are 4wd this is the one we use the most and leave this loader on full time the other I just put the loader on when I need it

Thats the wife getting hay out of the barn

Is that the mini tractor you feed the mini cows with? :lol2: :lol2:

Suzie Q":3e0ejt7c said:
We have two as well.

Davey (David Brown) came with the property. He is the most used piece of equipment on the place. When something happens to him, he will need his own shrine. We have no idea how old he is, hubby thinks about 50 - 70 years old. He still starts first time if out all night as a stop for the irrigator and has spent the night in frost.

Daveywithnewhat.jpg

Here is Goldie. Our A75 Valtra tractor.

DSCF0683small.jpg
The last David Brown was made in 1972 so it would be pretty old. What number is it? Dad had a 780 and for its size(31hp) it was a workhorse.

kenny thomas":4s74vz3n said:
Angus Cowman":4s74vz3n said:
tractor.jpg

heres one of mine the other is the same size tractor just a few yrs older
both are 4wd this is the one we use the most and leave this loader on full time the other I just put the loader on when I need it

Thats the wife getting hay out of the barn

Is that the mini tractor you feed the mini cows with? :lol2: :lol2:
yep that is the mini tractor that I use to haul the baby bales to the mini cows :lol: :lol:

whitewing":3tgk4zqp said:
Kingfisher":3tgk4zqp said:
whitewing":3tgk4zqp said:

My mechanic and I looked at the JD 4530 Sunday morning. He says worst case will be to replace the front and rear pumps....hydraulic (don't honestly know if the rear is a hydraulic pump or something else).....again, I'm not a mechanic. With that I'd spend about 25,000 bolivares or a bit over $3K for new pumps and his work. The cost could be considerably less if the pumps can be repaired. The owner is asking 70,000 bolivares or about $8750 for the tractor.

We also looked at a 140 hp Massey Ferguson 4 X 4 that is much, much newer for 200,000 bolivares......or about $25000. He liked this machine much better though it too needs a bit of work....perhaps $400 worth.
I would be careful here if your mechanic does not know much about this particular tractor. You can look at a tractor and spend $400 but you can look at one wrong and spend 10k.........

Today we're going to look at another JD, 130 hp with a 32 disc plow. They're asking 190,000 bolivares for the pair. I have no idea of the age of this tractor or its condition though my mechanic seems to think it's in good shape.

kenny thomas":1i4dji90 said:
Suzie Q":1i4dji90 said:
We have two as well.

Davey (David Brown) came with the property. He is the most used piece of equipment on the place. When something happens to him, he will need his own shrine. We have no idea how old he is, hubby thinks about 50 - 70 years old. He still starts first time if out all night as a stop for the irrigator and has spent the night in frost.

Daveywithnewhat.jpg

Here is Goldie. Our A75 Valtra tractor.

DSCF0683small.jpg
The last David Brown was made in 1972 so it would be pretty old. What number is it? Dad had a 780 and for its size(31hp) it was a workhorse.

It is a Selectamatic 990. The first numbers I can make out on the compliance plate are 11/49, Which could mean November 1949, however I just googled David Brown Selectamatic 990 and it says they were made from 1965 - 1971.

Angus Cowman":lz23qd9o said:
tractor.jpg

truckhay.jpg

here is a bigger pic of one of my loader tractors ( they were supposed to be bigger anyway )
me loading hay on the semi getting ready to head to Arkansas
Dun see if you can make them bigger
Can;t do it

It is a Selectamatic 990. The first numbers I can make out on the compliance plate are 11/49, Which could mean November 1949, however I just googled David Brown Selectamatic 990 and it says they were made from 1965 - 1971.[/quote]

The serial number should be on the right side of the frame. The number should either be 6 numbers or 8 numbers according to how old it is.

Latest posts