Tractor question - please give me some advice

Help Support CattleToday:

I understand trying to build a house for sure. I would look for a 555 hesston baler,a 435 jd or a 650 nh. they are all a 4ft wide baler witch is what i really like rather than a 5ft, and the hesston will make a bale that can sit outside for 3 years and it still looks like new hay on the inside and they won't settle much if any at all. you could probably find any of these for under 4000$.

[quoteby denvermartinfarms » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:51 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:personally i think the tractor that would do him justice is a JD 4020.

I do to, but they may be a little over what he is wanting to spend.][/quote]

I'm not adverse to waiting and saving up a little more. I only want to do this once.

I also think that you might find a newer and maybe better tractor for what a 4020 will cost. I may be wrong but around here 4020's just seem over priced, but they are a good old tractor.

well I suggested the 4020 because out of all my tractors thats probably my favorite it does anything I want it to do with the exception of pulling my 30 foot discs lol Tater theey are correct as in pricing can be pretty high my first tractor that I bought from a dealer was a case i still have 1 case on the farm as well as ford new holland john deere and massey and a long. I like kubota's as well just never owned one just make sure you get a tractor that parts will be readily available.

If you can find one the right size, And at a price that work's for you, a kubota would be number 1 imo. It's what i have and there have been many of them in my family, they have all been great, and better than any other tractor we have ever owend. You might look for a M6950 kubota they are about 70hp and it would be a 80s and up to a early 90s so you might find one at a good price. One of mine is the next size bigger and i really like that model of a kubota.

skyhightree1":1yylkq3r said:
My next tractor will be orange ... I got enough blue red and green ... I think I need a new flavor in the mix.
How big of one would you buy? And will it be new.

The next one I buy is gonna be for my business usage to lift logs and bushhog and put a grapple on I have been looking at 70-100hp I prefer a new one but if i run across a deal at a auction I will grab it up and it does have to be 4wd.

Latest posts