Tractor Brand a Regional Thing?

Help Support CattleToday:

I think i have the only red tractor within a 100 miles of our farm. John Deere dominates around these parts with Kubota a distance second. I barely see any NH/MF tractors around even though the dealership is 8 miles away and has been around for 30 plus years. Not much love for blue tractors around here since they dropped the Ford from NH.

John Deere , Massey, NH and Kubota .I would say for the compacts Kubota is number one in this area . Hard to beat a grand L Hydro for the small horse/cow farms estates around here . Kioti does well in this area too / Premium tractor

The newer New hollands under I think 60hp are made by LS (mccormick,etc)

Might as well buy the same LS tractor for 10k less.. they are blue also! I think with a longer warranty. 5 years..

The older NH's .. like the TL90 ..etc.. are some good tractors.. but the newer ones seem to break and have MASSIVE saftey systems..

Neighbor bought a new 80hp one and it shuts off the PTO if you get off the seat. It beeps really annoying if you back up. All sorts of crap like that.

last JD dealer I was around was awesome.. the one i'm around now is terrible.

The case dealer is amazing.. so they are always busy. they don't care if you have 10 acres or 10,000.. they will help you.

The JD dealer.. if you call in and you have less then 2,500 acres. they don't want to even deal with you.

ddd75":1cdwc13q said:
last JD dealer I was around was awesome.. the one i'm around now is terrible.

The case dealer is amazing.. so they are always busy. they don't care if you have 10 acres or 10,000.. they will help you.

The JD dealer.. if you call in and you have less then 2,500 acres. they don't want to even deal with you.

That's the way JD treats folks around here also. Then they ask you why did you buy a Kubota tractor. John Deere has lost a lot of the smaller "100 hp" and down market because of their dealers attitudes.

Latest posts