Tractor Brand a Regional Thing?

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas":job4jhaq said:
skyhightree1":job4jhaq said:
Deere and case kubota here

Jw do you remember meadows of Dan ford-nh that's where all of our tractors came from growing up.
I think it's still there. Big dealership out in the country with no town nearby.

I didn't know that.. I would like to buy from them if there good like they use to be

Dogs and Cows":3d8gh7wb said:
Caustic Burno":3d8gh7wb said:
Deere,NH,Kubota and Mahindra here.
There is no row crop or rice anymore just hay.

Mostly Deere and Kubota here...but Mahindra is growing pretty quickly in this area. Good to see the competition.

Tim
I like to see competition on equal quality.. competition with inferior quality just leads to a general decline in quality, which doesn't do anyone any good.. Look at tools.. good tools are unaffordable, though junk ones are everywhere.
I think the "big 3" tractor companies (Ford, JD, Case) were all great machines until about the 90's or so, when they started making consumer lines for people with 3 horses vs good stout tractors that could see 10,000 hours

and I HATE the plastic dashboards, front grilles, etc on the new tractors.. after 15 years everything is faded, cracked and falling apart... Take a look at an old Massey 165.. If it hasn't been abused, a coat of paint and it looks like new again

skyhightree1":2nt1rwes said:
Deere and case kubota here

Jw do you remember meadows of Dan ford-nh that's where all of our tractors came from growing up.
Remember knowing about them.My 7600 was sold there once according to the sticker on the side.

John Deere is the leader and best tractor by far. I imagine JD spends more on R&D than all the other tractor companies combined. And I know there's more JD tractors for sale on Tractor House than all the other brands combined. And people always make more noise complaining than complementing.

We're spoiled in my county, we have Case IH, JD, and Massey/NH dealers. JD and C-IH are the most popular, but with a devoted group using the NH dealer.

True Grit Farms":2qw40sz4 said:
John Deere is the leader and best tractor by far. I imagine JD spends more on R&D than all the other tractor companies combined. And I know there's more JD tractors for sale on Tractor House than all the other brands combined. And people always make more noise complaining than complementing.

Yes. And they are reselling for more than the original new price. Amazing how people are beating the bushes for some of those older models.

Bright Raven":3hgyn7og said:
True Grit Farms":3hgyn7og said:

Yes. And they are reselling for more than the original new price. Amazing how people are beating the bushes for some of those older models.

no one wants to deal with all the epa crap on the new ones today

In this vbicinity it's JD, a little south it's NH further west it's Kubota. It seems that it's mostly based on the quality of the dealers in a given area.

I see lots of Kubotas here on the smaller places, including most people's yards. 2 major Kubota dealers within 30 miles and Landsdown Moody just bought out one of them. On the real working places tho, it's still JD and NH, but every once in awhile will see one of these pulling a baler.

greybeard":3b7gmrx5 said:
I see lots of Kubotas here on the smaller places, including most people's yards. 2 major Kubota dealers within 30 miles and Landsdown Moody just bought out one of them. On the real working places tho, it's still JD and NH, but every once in awhile will see one of these pulling a baler.

I've got a 38 hp kubota that the wife uses to rake hay and I use in the timber for pushing stuff around. Saturday at a farm sale there was a 38 hp kubota had a 6 ft brushhog and trailer with 60 hours on it. Had to really scrape to get a 3 k bid on it.
One of those cases where I wished I needed another tractor.

Used to be Ford, JD, Case/NH in town. Just JD left and he is rumored to be closing. Dealerships are closing around here to centralize and "improve" (precision ag) service.

A McCormick/Vermeer dealer is 17 miles away, and he just added Massy. Have to drive an hour for red, orange, or blue.

What is increasing are the used equipment traders.

dun":2fxx0882 said:
greybeard":2fxx0882 said:

I've got a 38 hp kubota that the wife uses to rake hay and I use in the timber for pushing stuff around. Saturday at a farm sale there was a 38 hp kubota had a 6 ft brushhog and trailer with 60 hours on it. Had to really scrape to get a 3 k bid on it.

Did I read that right? 3K ??? I would have bought that in a heart beat whether I needed it or not.

Ol' 243":3fxp9e7w said:
dun":3fxp9e7w said:
greybeard":3fxp9e7w said:

Did I read that right? 3K ??? I would have bought that in a heart beat whether I needed it or not.
Correct. Also sold a Ruger single six 22/22mag blue for 40 bucks. Same sale that sold a cheerio bander for 50 bucks

I would say in Central Oklahoma it is Deere in a commanding lead, followed by Kubota and New Holland.

Out in Western Oklahoma where the big wheat farms are, Cash-IH holds 2nd behind Deere.

Rafter S":2mw1ykmy said:
I just traded away my two Deutz tractors. They tried to get into the local market back in the 1980's, but never caught on. It's a shame. They were good tractors.

We have 3 local dealers: JD, Mahindra, and the other one sells New Holland and Kubota.

There used to be a Massey Ferguson dealer about 40 miles away, but I don't know if they're still there or not.

They tried them here too and I personally liked that Air Cooling but didn't like the 2 cyl and they didn't sound like the Johnny popper either....aka popping sounded sweet!

We have all the main and several low volume colors around here. JD maintains it's dominance. Kabota dealer is 40 miles away and you see a few, 70 hp about tops around here. At the coffee shop "colors" are kicked around quite a bit but go to the field and you see green. Back when "cotton was king" seems the local green dealer was out in the field finding out what the farmer needed and got the word back to headquarters. Seemed a bond was established and that bond has lasted.

I've had green in my corral and served me well but currently, I'm retired and it's red and blue; current models of red from Korea and '60's vintage blue. Wouldn't trade/sell any of them.

The quality of the dealership and the level of service they offer does influence what brands are used. Like many have said on here we too used to have a dealer for every brand, but our John Deere dealer was the last to go. Had been a family business for over 60 years, but as farms continue to get larger, they were forced to go out. The dealer that took over this area is not too well liked. Some of the big farmers that used to get new combines every year or two switched from JD to Gleaner.

Balers mostly JD and NH. Tractors JD, Case IH, Kubota and Mahindra.

We used to have a Deere place here in town but they sold what they had left and switched to kubota..there is a mahindra place down the road and I think within the hour there are a few more my grand father runs a 32horse kubota and my wife's grandfather runs a couple of case and one kubota

Latest posts