Tough couple of days

Help Support CattleToday:

Hope it works out. Sounds like he's not a bad guy, just jumped the gun on stocking his place before he was actually ready.

5S Cattle said:
Hope it works out. Sounds like he's not a bad guy, just jumped the gun on stocking his place before he was actually ready.

Yeah for sure I think so too but he basically put up fence around everything but just used my fence instead of putting up a new one where our pastures border which my fence has been here before i was born i haven't needed to fix it since my cows never got out of it ...

We took 6 of ours to the sale. 😥 I'm still crying. 💔 That was hard. Our was more like pets...hard to sell pets and know they maybe going to the burger shop. 😪

Bfields30 said:
5S Cattle said:

Yeah for sure I think so too but he basically put up fence around everything but just used my fence instead of putting up a new one where our pastures border which my fence has been here before i was born i haven't needed to fix it since my cows never got out of it ...

Maybe if you had offered half the labour and cost there would be a new fence there too. Why should he foot the whole bill?

gcreekrch said:
Bfields30 said:
5S Cattle said:

Maybe if you had offered half the labour and cost there would be a new fence there too. Why should he foot the whole bill?
The fence held all my cattle in before his tore it down, in which I was gonna fix it regardless eventually but just not at the moment. Even now he hasn't put it up the new one yet and my cows haven't gotten out.im not worried about it I was just worried about his bulls

Bfields30 said:
gcreekrch said:
Bfields30 said:
I

The fence held all my cattle in before his tore it down, in which I was gonna fix it regardless eventually but just not at the moment. Even now he hasn't put it up the new one yet and my cows haven't gotten out.im not worried about it I was just worried about his bulls

Fair enough but my statement still stands. Good fences make better neighbors.

In our case, we have built and rebuilt fences between us and neighbors at our cost just so we don't have to go looking and waste time. A good hot wire makes a big difference in a fence too. Well worth the cost if you aren't having to needlessly herd cows and deal with stress.

gcreekrch said:
Bfields30 said:
gcreekrch said:

Fair enough but my statement still stands. Good fences make better neighbors.

In our case, we have built and rebuilt fences between us and neighbors at our cost just so we don't have to go looking and waste time. A good hot wire makes a big difference in a fence too. Well worth the cost if you aren't having to needlessly herd cows and deal with stress.
Yeah I just got his number so I'll ask him one weekend if he needs help I'll help him do it. But I know he only comes out maybe once a week. He only has horses on it now.

Got a call from neighbor while I'm at work and tells me a cow is dead in my pasture I just rushed home on my break and it's not my cow it's the guy behind me he has some cheap roping Mexican calfs this time and one is free so I called him and told him and he was like I been looking for her for a couple days now but was laughing about it.

Latest posts