Tough couple of days

Help Support CattleToday:

Bfields30

Reaction score
Had a older cow fall and couldn't get back up and had to put her down myself tough day yesterday. Having to bottle feed her one month old calf . Got new neighbors behind me they have Mexican cattle and horses put there cows in yesterday and within hours there ugly longhorn bull jumps in my pasture. Ran him out twice wake up this morning he back in there. Called sheriff yesterday there supposed to come out today. My bull was fighting him multiple times. As well as he chasing my calfs and cows. Any advice it's frustrating past few days more then anything. The people don't live there as well they just fenced in the property for cows so i left a note on there gate. Don't wanna crappy bull near my cows or to Injure any of them

Sheriff also told me it's my neighbors job to keep his bull in as well as he has to put up a better fence to keep him in .

Bfields30 said:
Had a older cow fall and couldn't get back up and had to put her down myself tough day yesterday. Having to bottle feed her one month old calf . Got new neighbors behind me they have Mexican cattle and horses put there cows in yesterday and within hours there ugly longhorn bull jumps in my pasture. Ran him out twice wake up this morning he back in there. Called sheriff yesterday there supposed to come out today. My bull was fighting him multiple times. As well as he chasing my calfs and cows. Any advice it's frustrating past few days more then anything. The people don't live there as well they just fenced in the property for cows so i left a note on there gate. Don't wanna crappy bull near my cows or to Injure any of them

Do it right will save time in the long run.
Sheriff job to impound the stray.
https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/docs/AG/htm/AG.142.htm

Caustic Burno said:
Bfields30 said:

Do it right will save time in the long run.
Sheriff job to impound the stray.
https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/docs/AG/htm/AG.142.htm
So I just have to be patient got ya.

Always gonna have a problem with your cows and his cows if y'all share a fence all it's gonna take is one cow in heat on either side a fence won't keep a bull in looking fir love I don't care what it's made out off

DCA farm said:
Always gonna have a problem with your cows and his cows if y'all share a fence all it's gonna take is one cow in heat on either side a fence won't keep a bull in looking fir love I don't care what it's made out off

That's the reason I don't share fences and mine are hotter than the hinges to the gates of heII

Caustic Burno said:
DCA farm said:

That's the reason I don't share fences and mine are hotter than the hinges to the gates of heII
Yeah it was a hay field the previous owner sold it last month and people put cows on yesterday ...

DCA farm said:
Yeah I had some across from me but neither my bull or his tried jumping fence it's pretty aggravating. And the sheriff didn't call me back or get the bull out either it's pissing me off

Bfields30 said:
DCA farm said:
Yeah I had some across from me but neither my bull or his tried jumping fence it's pretty aggravating. And the sheriff didn't call me back or get the bull out either it's be nice me off
That's why I posted Texas law for you to discuss with the sheriff if needed.
This is where being a member of the TSCRA helps as well.

Your TSCRA Ranger is Larry Hand. His contact number is 903 592-5252 He is a good guy and will advise you on how to handle this .

DCA farm said:
you could always ask to buy him then send his but to a sale barn you may loose a little money but you will be rid of the problem
If his luck,is like mine..""and where there's cattle involved I'm sure it is""" the guy would just go buy another piece o crap. And be no better off....

DCA farm said:
I always thought that too, but a few years ago I had a cow, and when she was in heat everybody in the county knew it, I had my bull behind electric. He was a hoss too, never went out of the pen. She walked the fence until the neighbor's bull, being the gentleman that he was, folded his legs and mashed the fence, she hopped over and he covered her, didn't breed her though, but she was ready to come home the next day, led her right out the gate and back into the pasture with the others.

you have no idea what we went through here 30 years ago.. we're in "Open range" land, so it's our job to fence out.. guy with the range would essentially starve his cows, so they'd be right at our fenceline, the only place in sight with green grass... To make matters worse, as much as it was our job to fence out, we couldn't get permits to install cattleguards

In the end my dad threatened to shoot the bull, so they took him to court for uttering threats, and the judge told him to be "reasonable" in dealing with the forestry and range owner... It also meant they had to be reasonable.

Reminds me... I need more money to buy out my neighbors! Shoot... pretty sure they all old holding. Maybe I can out live them. 😁

I don't have any problems with my neighbors just saying better to buy a much land around you than have problems.

Latest posts