Tornado season

Help Support CattleToday:

haase

Reaction score
A bad night in are area,we had three touchdowns within 25 miles of us, we made it through ok, hope everyone in the surrounding area is ok.

haase":2noqe0bf said:
A bad night in are area,we had three touchdowns within 25 miles of us, we made it through ok, hope everyone in the surrounding area is ok.
Just heard from my sister and BIL, they said some houses were leveled in Rochelle. They live in Harvard it slid between them an Marengo. We had lots of funnel cloud reports down our way but I haven't heard of any reports of damage yet. Hope everyone made it out ok up that way

Glad your family was safe, its getting old now when ever we get warnings it seems like something always hits, guess were in the tornado belt, two years ago the one that hit in washington ill, leveled the whole town, people are just getting back to norm there about a hour south of us, some of the worst tornadoes have hit close to us, one of the worst was in belvidere back in the 60s alot of people died in that one and alot of children at the school, hope everyone made it through ok.

Just saw in the news about the tornado in Rochelle, Illinois. Bad weather is headed for our area in GA tomorrow afternoon and night. We need some rain, but not tornadoes, hail, and strong winds. I am thankful that it did not bring damage to any of you and pray that you will be safe from any more storms.

haase":5gf58br1 said:
Glad your family was safe, its getting old now when ever we get warnings it seems like something always hits, guess were in the tornado belt, two years ago the one that hit in washington ill, leveled the whole town, people are just getting back to norm there about a hour south of us, some of the worst tornadoes have hit close to us, one of the worst was in belvidere back in the 60s alot of people died in that one and alot of children at the school, hope everyone made it through ok.
Thank you, we are too! I was texting my BIL about our BLUES beating his Blackhawks having no idea what had been going on up there. All he pretty much said was that the hockey game was far from important tonight compared to the weather they'd been seeing

What about that one that hit that same area, I want to say about 5-7 years ago, that knocked out the apple/pumpkin farm up there east of Rockford?

that was Edwards Apple orchard, that was another bad one, think that one hit in late winter, me and a buddy were working on cattle pens, and all of the sudden the temp went from 45 to 75 saw the funnel cloud go over and it touched down 15 miles from us in caledonia, they come so quick and there is not much of a warning.

Wow just saw the amateur video of the tornado in Rochelle on the news. Def wasn't one of those quick little tornado touchdowns

haase":tc38ff5z said:
..............................................................................................................................I grew up just south of Dekalb saw it last night on the weather.. called my mom to see if they had any damage everything was ok there just to close for comfort.. had 2 here last summer with in a 1/2 mile of the house .. lost 5 farms around me .. They say the next 10 days there could be alot more.. that's not good

Glad everyone in your family was ok retro,the tornadoes in this area are just getting old and their not typical, doesnt matter if its the spring or winter we still get them,a bad thing to see is lightning and thunder in a snow storm, when I first saw that thought for sure the end was coming, now I guess its just normal.

The bad thing about them is the warning time isnt alot, but it has gotten alot better, not sure about hurricanes though, seems like they get a two or three days warning and they still dont get out.

Latest posts