Top antibiotics for cattle.

Help Support CattleToday:

Nobody using Draxxin ? Latest and greatest in our area...especially for treating pneumonia. Pretty high priced stuff however.

cornstalk":9an3udn5 said:
Nobody using Draxxin ? Latest and greatest in our area...especially for treating pneumonia. Pretty high priced stuff however.
It is high price and it didnt work for me but it could have been to late, I have it though

Generic LA 200 and Nuflor and Penn G. I don't use Micotil. If it comes down to me risking my life or the cow croaking.... well too bad for the cow.

Dave

keep in mind that Oxytetracyline (La200 or generic) is good stuff but for respirtory issues in cattle you won't to knock it out fast and sometimes Oxytetracycline is not always strong enough. I would always keep something a little stronger on hand just in case (Nuflor, Micotil, Baytril something like that).

Hippie Rancher":179jyxon said:
What nobody has an old bottle of combiotic in the back of the fridge? :lol:

I haven't looked - maybe I should, though! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mcdowedd":1b5oq13g said:
Are there any other antibiotics or meds that are that dangerous to humans? I usually don't think about that aspect of them, but should.

As far as antibiotics go, Micotil will kill you if you accidentally inject yourself. A local vet accidentally vaccinated himself for Blackleg, I believe it was, a number of years ago - resulted in recurrent health problems for a very long time. I don't know of any others, but I'm always careful because of the 2 I listed.

The one drug we use that I am very careful with is Lutalyse. I won't let any of the women folk touch it. I'm the only one using it and I clean all of the syringes myself.