Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I am not as eloquent as others

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I find some CT members to be very cliquey

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • None of the above

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
I'd say it refers more to a registered member that is a silent observer and who never or rarely participates in discussions on the forum. Some reasons we know, some we don't know :) .

ALACOWMAN":1d6vf529 said:
melking":1d6vf529 said:
Someone else already said it. I am a much better learner than teacher.
its more about experience to, even if their a rookie.. some one has experienced something that might help even a pro. folks were raising cattle a long time before we landed on the moon, or invented the automobile..

ALA - alot of the pros on here aren't really all pro either....

tsmaxx47":2s1vnsth said:
As far as I understand, a 'pro' is someone that is good at 'something' so yes I'm sure we do have a lot of pro's on the board :p - I just don't know what you are trying to infer ;-) .

TennesseeTuxedo":2s1vnsth said:
I came, I lurked, I liked, I joined. Pretty easy to do.
:welcome: Hope you join in on the discussions now....

tsmaxx47":lawnzwuj said:
ALACOWMAN":lawnzwuj said:
melking":lawnzwuj said:
Someone else already said it. I am a much better learner than teacher.
its more about experience to, even if their a rookie.. some one has experienced something that might help even a pro. folks were raising cattle a long time before we landed on the moon, or invented the automobile..

well aint all pro ,, then the title pro dont fit em.....................let go with top hand :cowboy: someone who dont know every thing, about every thing.... but knows a little about it all

Guess I could be classified as a sometime lurker.Sometimes I just get on here and read and learn.
Then again I could be called a learner.Sometimes I post on here and then everyone realizes how little I do know. :lol:

But all in all in my little over 5 yrs on here I feel I have gained a lot of knowledge and made a lot of friends. And prolly wouldn't want to know the total amount of time I spent on here. :lol: :lol:

Cal

I'll step out of lurkdom for a little bit. I find it simplier to lurk and observe than to participate at times. Some threads don't apply to our operation. I learn alot here and find that when we have problems we aren't the only cattle people to have them. This website is the first one I visit when on the internet.

I just read (lurker) more than I post. I was posting here before you had to register (I took a few months before I registered). I think the difference is I only wade in when I actually have knowledge on the subject. There are huge regional differences in this country. I know that my experience and knowledge from here on the North Pacific coast might not apply to other parts of the country. I have always lived by the idea that it was better to keep my mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Calman":3p11hot4 said:
Guess I could be classified as a sometime lurker.Sometimes I just get on here and read and learn.
Then again I could be called a learner.Sometimes I post on here and then everyone realizes how little I do know. :lol:

But all in all in my little over 5 yrs on here I feel I have gained a lot of knowledge and made a lot of friends. And prolly wouldn't want to know the total amount of time I spent on here. :lol: :lol:

Cal
Hubby sure wouldn't want to know how much time I spend on here :hide:
Although, I relate some of the topics & we BOTH learn from this site. Never too old or too experienced to learn something new each day. I answer questions and I ask questions. Noone knows everything. We're all common folks trying to share ideas/knowledge.

Hi all. I'm a registered lurker who never posts. I belong to a couple other forums which I do post a lot to but I just enjoy reading and learning from real situations that can arise around cattle/farm on here. I grew up on a beef(Shorthorn) farm in Ontario, Canada and left the farm to do other things but I have come back to it and have found that I have forgotten a lot! So lurking on here has helped me relearn things that I have forgotten. I just have a small herd of Dexters and sometimes it is intimidating with all the large cattle breeds here that do this for a living. I have very healthy cattle (knock on wood) so I haven't had a real reason to post. I have a couple of first time heifers that will be calving next spring so I am doing my reasearch now!! I direct market my beef(bought weaned calves to raise) to the locals and sell veggies. It doesn't make us enough to keep both of us at home but it keeps me at home so that the kids are not raised by other people and I am not shelling out a fortune on daycare costs. We enjoy being able to sustain ourselves on our farm and not depending on others for our food. Hope this helps as to why we lurkers lurk :)! Jacinda

Bet you all wish I was a lurker! I post a lot of questions and sometimes show my ignorance when I try to help answer a question. But the nice thing about this site is usually the members will bite their tongues and point out your errors in a nice way.thanks everyone for the learning experience. Buy the way, I got 3 cows springing, how long before they calve?lol

EARLY BODY CHANGES......
she is the one who a week after synchronized breeding came into a powerful heat and went thru three electric fences to join the neighbors yearling red angus bulls. Next morning she was in with my yearling angus bulls.

Thanks for the welcome! I will try! I just have fun learning on here. Thing have changed a lot from what I remember but then I was a teenager and at the time was more interested in the world than the small town I grew up in! But things are coming back slowly...glad I found this forum a couple months ago!

I've got a heifer who's been looking like calving within 24 hours for the last week...
She can't be due for another ten days at the earliest. And already I'm wondering how long she's going to make me wait. And how big she's going to get in the meantime.

Latest posts