Tires

Help Support CattleToday:

Ever spend more on tires for a piece of equipment than the equipment is worth? I have.

Kinda makes you wonder how they can come out ahead up there in Michegan where they have as high as 13 axels with dual wheels,just to haul bigger loads.

Cal

ALACOWMAN":26jhogqu said:
Brute 23":26jhogqu said:
Im not that old but use to a decent size lifted truck ran 33s.... 35s seemed huge.... most of the new trucks can run 33s factory. People wonder why its so expensive to own a vehicle. That takes a lot better breaks, stearing components, motor... every thing..... plus we want all that to hold us to 80mph... and get 20mpg.
brakes are better now than they have ever been,, you have to be hard on them to get less than 50k... we have some customers that have 100k on em ... use to 15 to 20k was it,, on a set..todays vehicles are pretty much maintenece free, till 100k...

There is no doubt in my mind that cars are better and more dependable than they were 30 years ago. Fuel injection is a large part of it. Back in the 70's you would have to start a car 3 timers before you got it out of the driveway. My daughter has an Equinox with over 60,000 on the original brakes and still have good pad. My wife on the other hand puts em to the test. I've been telling her for 30 years to leave more space to stop in. I might as well talk to the wall.

Larry

larryshoat":w061cqif said:
ALACOWMAN":w061cqif said:
Brute 23":w061cqif said:
Im not that old but use to a decent size lifted truck ran 33s.... 35s seemed huge.... most of the new trucks can run 33s factory. People wonder why its so expensive to own a vehicle. That takes a lot better breaks, stearing components, motor... every thing..... plus we want all that to hold us to 80mph... and get 20mpg.
brakes are better now than they have ever been,, you have to be hard on them to get less than 50k... we have some customers that have 100k on em ... use to 15 to 20k was it,, on a set..todays vehicles are pretty much maintenece free, till 100k...

There is no doubt in my mind that cars are better and more dependable than they were 30 years ago. Fuel injection is a large part of it. Back in the 70's you would have to start a car 3 timers before you got it out of the driveway. My daughter has an Equinox with over 60,000 on the original brakes and still have good pad. My wife on the other hand puts em to the test. I've been telling her for 30 years to leave more space to stop in. I might as well talk to the wall.

Larry
I didn't know we were brother-in-laws.

ALACOWMAN":1kb8j2ou said:
Brute 23":1kb8j2ou said:
brakes are better now than they have ever been,, you have to be hard on them to get less than 50k... we have some customers that have 100k on em ...
Yep, I took my work truck a 2011 Silverado with 130,000 in for new brakes and they put new rear pads on but the fronts still had some life to them.... The engine is another story though. On it's 2nd motor and the engine light is constantly on. I've been told it's from idling too much.

larryshoat":32xzlhyv said:
ALACOWMAN":32xzlhyv said:
Brute 23":32xzlhyv said:

Larry, welcome to the club. :deadhorse:
Larry

Latest posts