tired of katrina news coverage

Help Support CattleToday:

memanpa

Reaction score
any one besides me getting tired of all the news coverage of the katrina storm damage?
yes it was a terrible storm! :(
yes there were homes lost :cry:
yes people have been displaced :cry:
yes people have died :cry:
but personally i am tired of hearing the same news coverage 24 hrs a day most that is nothing but repeats of what happened, some coverage was seen this morning and then i have to watch it again and again!!! !!
imho it is getting to be redundtant! CNN is the worst

i do !
and yes i have donated, can't give blood but i do and did give a check!!! donated 100++ # of beef to the local red cross that brought in 1000 of the displaced ! am just tired of the redunancy

memanpa":61vwzeei said:
i do !
and yes i have donated, can't give blood but i do and did give a check!!! donated 100++ # of beef to the local red cross that brought in 1000 of the displaced ! am just tired of the redunancy

What amazes me is I didn't know New Orleans was so big, storm said to have tore up 90,000 square miles and apparently didn't hurt one good ole boy's place. If it did the news media must not be able to find Bubba's house.

Campground Cattle":24e2o3qf said:
memanpa":24e2o3qf said:
i do !

What amazes me is I didn't know New Orleans was so big, storm said to have tore up 90,000 square miles and apparently didn't hurt one good ole boy's place. If it did the news media must not be able to find Bubba's house.
Camp, dont play Possum with us, Bubba's house had a hitch on it. He left town 3 days ahead of time.He's set up outside a Starvin' Marvin's off I-40 somewhere. He's workin Ma to pay the lot rent.

Unfortunately, the media doesn't care what has happened to the "Bubbas." Lots of them lost everything, too. But, all the attention is on the city of New Orleans. The parishes of Washington, St. Tammany, Livingston, Tangipahoa, and Plaquemines were very hard hit as well. Not all flooded, but the ones that didn't got severe wind damage.

Pictures from Plaquemines parish (This is the area that the first evacuated children we will be serving are from) http://www.plaqueminesparish.com/Emerge ... sident.php

Pictures from St. Tammany
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmoreland

cajun critter":1pkf4gb9 said:
Unfortunately, the media doesn't care what has happened to the "Bubbas." Lots of them lost everything, too. But, all the attention is on the city of New Orleans. The parishes of Washington, St. Tammany, Livingston, Tangipahoa, and Plaquemines were very hard hit as well. Not all flooded, but the ones that didn't got severe wind damage.

Pictures from Plaquemines parish (This is the area that the first evacuated children we will be serving are from) http://www.plaqueminesparish.com/EmergencyPreparedness/FromtheOfficeoftheParishPresident.php

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmoreland/[url]

You telling me-now what am I going to do about those big oaks down.

Mississippi really caught it. Hearing some on news about it-but nothing like you hear about N.O.

Ryder":quwmj5x1 said:
cajun critter":quwmj5x1 said:

Pictures from Plaquemines parish (This is the area that the first evacuated children we will be serving are from) http://www.plaqueminesparish.com/EmergencyPreparedness/FromtheOfficeoftheParishPresident.php

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmoreland/[url]

You telling me-now what am I going to do about those big oaks down.

Mississippi really caught it. Hearing some on news about it-but nothing like you hear about N.O.

The media is only going to focus on the scum because they think it makes a better story than those people who are going to make it through hard work and ability to rely on themselves. I personally am starting to not feel sorry for a lot of the people in NO... They are just pathetic

Well, sorry news of the worst natural disaster known to modern mankind is now boring you........perhaps when a wind comes along and takes out yr place, you can tell CNN not to bother mentioning it .............

Not to worry, news is news..........it's news until the next big story comes along......which should be about any minute now.

In the mean time...last I heard there were lots and lots of channels to chose from on TV these days..........I would not personally know, as we have no tv in this house, but that's what I understand anyhow. So, like anything else............if ya don't like it.. change the channel, or better yet...don't watch the tube at all....you would be much better off doing something productive.....or just sitting there looking at yr cattle? perhaps?

Well, maybe you will get lucky and see my place on CNN when this next big hurricane comes through the South East in a few days? ;-) :cboy:

Hear she may go your way. My question is are you able to haul a$$ in a hurry. I don't want to see your house or you ethier one.

Scotty

Medic24":15nre7a7 said:
Well, maybe you will get lucky and see my place on CNN when this next big hurricane comes through the South East in a few days? ;-) :cboy:

Medic, that wasn't funny! Please be careful and stay safe.

I care for the victims, but I too have become tired of it, and for those pushing the channel changing option, yes we can do that but somehow it shows up again on that channel so we ar danged if we do and danged if we don't,

my concern is they are putting all of these school age children in our schools and NO VACCINATIONS whatsoever, our children ARE required to submit proof, but heres the thing I know all paper work was most likely destroyed but what about re-vaccinating these folks because of the environment most of them were in instead of causing a larger epidemic (Possibly)

if they are not infected so be it but don't just throw them in without some type of medical attention besides an assessment of non symptoms, Come on they are vaccinating all health care workers and alike why not these evacuees, I have had seven friends who are deputies who have returned sick as all get out even after vaccinations, so what does that tell me??

someone is going to pass a bug and I am affraid it only takes one person ya know??

I sound like a conspiracy theorist, but its the reality, my children come before anybody else and if their health is jeopardized by the ninnies in local or federal assistance I will raise holy cain.

any body else worried about these people being around you or your childrens schools??

Dang it Medic you just got back. Hope you don't have another of your incidents with this one. When we talk to the carpenter we'll mention your name.
We have a tv but I don't think I've watched more than 30 min of NEWS. What I hear and read is bad enough. Wish I could do more to help. But I can limit the amount of bad images/scenes my fuzzy gray matter deals with.
FarmerCop
Yep I've wondered/worried about those that offer lodging. Somthin about the fox in the chicken house.
And the possiblity of spreading various germs should be a concern.

I was surprised when the local news in San Antonio covered a story on a gentleman at a gas station who gave refugees/victims standing outside the station some cash to help him out and the refugee went into the gas station and used the money to buy beer. Another was behind the station trying to buy crack. They usually don't show that side of the story. Also, a woman in a town about 30 miles from San Antonio offered a vacant home she owned to a refugee family. Criminal background checks were done on six families and all six families had members with criminal backgrounds and therefore were not eligible to be placed.

This kind of element of people tend to cause us to harden our hearts and turn our backs. However, there are some real good people that were affected by this disaster and hopefully they are getting the help they need. Also, they are probably the ones that would never ask for help.

Well all thanks for the concern...after last years; double header waxed us a shiny new butt hole. I would not be suprised at anything that blows in here. And trust me you... we did get waxed but good......odd. we have had 3 500 hundred years torms and 2 100 year storms here in the last ten years.......so we have had 1700 years worth of bad storms all rolled into just a few years..........should be clear sailing for the the next 1700 or so years now huh?

Wonder if..........we get another big one, uncle george will send us some nice shiny new credit cards with lots of zeros on them?

Then I can go out and buy some adult toys, some dope and a few hookers without the boss checking out the monthly statement for my purchases.....come on hurricane...come on baby..... you can do it......come on......drift west baby......make a nice westerly sweep.....hit the mountains,,,,,and let er rip......daddy wants his own shiny new credit card.....good everywhere and for what ever ails ya........and uncle sam pays the final bill! :p :cboy:

Latest posts