Tips on keeping skeeters from biting you

Help Support CattleToday:

puhleeez. little rinky dink atlantan skeeters dont even compare to the buzzers we got down here in the arid southgeorgia desertlands.

Beefy":2t5umxcf said:
puhleeez. little rinky dink atlantan skeeters dont even compare to the buzzers we got down here in the arid southgeorgia desertlands.

Alrighty then, I will consider that question as being answered. Thank you for that clarification Beefy, and I won't make that mistake again. I knew there was a reason I didn't move further south, I just thought it was the roaches. :lol: :lol:

Msscamp, we have a lot of swamps and low lying areas with peat. These areas have stagnate water in them most of the year and is perfect breeding grounds for them unlike the piedmont area where you have more flowing water. When conditions are right, there will be hundreds swarming around your head and face making it difficult to breathe without getting them in your mouth or nose.

acid reflux is actually not enough acid in your stomach . Drug companies won't tell you that though........

Thermacell is the little contraption that runs on a tiny butane cartridge with cloth-like pads under the heat. They give off a very very very slight smell but man it gets rid of them skeeters. I have finally started bowhunting again. It doesn't bother the deer at all. I have had deer walk yards away and not pick it up. If I drove 2 hours to the camp and forgot my thermacell, i would just sit in the camp and cook. I put one on the porch and it keeps the skeeters away in a 40 ft. radius I believe.

I got a Thermacell, and you are right they work great. Just can't really afford to run one everyday though.

Horticattleman":1naet4kr said:
Get the big one that runs on a propane big propane bottle.

Those must be some BIG SKEETERS if they have to use propane for power!

dun

dun":31aofgwf said:
Being an ornery old fart must help too. My wife gets eaten up with them and gets covered with ticks when we;re out working. I hardly ever find a tick and can;t remember when the last time I had a skeeter bite.

dun

Rotten?

jcummins":212vgb7t said:
dun":212vgb7t said:
Being an ornery old fart must help too. My wife gets eaten up with them and gets covered with ticks when we;re out working. I hardly ever find a tick and can;t remember when the last time I had a skeeter bite.

dun

Rotten?

A good possibility

dun

Green Creek":17h86zq5 said:
Ryder, how does cider vinegar work on acid reflux? Sounds like it would be more acid. Makes my belly burn just reading that but I am willing to be convinced.
Sorry I didn't see your question sooner.
I don't really know how it works but it is supposed to make the body more alkaline. I know this sounds backwards.

I cut it with water. You get used to it pretty quick. Some drink it straight. If you drink it straight, rinse with water afterward, otherwise I have read it will damage your teeth.

Daddy and I had fabric softener sheets hanging from the backs of our caps to ward of mosquitoes while we were working on fence the other day. My wife saw us just about died laughing. Told her that we had joined the French Foreign Legion! :D

for the yard we have a bug zapper. We start it just before the mosquitoes be ugly. It' a nice sound in the evenings when the zapper goes zz zzz zzzz zzzzzzz.got a good one there.
Other than the off while in the field we also have the off candles. They work sweet.

Anybody remember the stuff we used in the Nam? Probably will kill us someday like the Agent Orange. I remember spraying that crap around just before a landing on an LZ. Crazy stuff, but it worked for me.

Dick

Try living in south east Texas it seems like we have mosquitoes that are so big that they look like air planes but the only good thing about them being that big is you can feel them when they light on you, those are the salt water mosquitoes. But at this time we have the lil ones that eat you up before you now it, walk in the house and you look like a big mosquitoe bite. I can deal with ants but I hate MOSQUITOES. :mad: :mad:

dun":2trfhpxx said:

dun, at my house I'm usually the one not bothered by ticks or skeeters. :shock:

The leaf of a citronella plant helps keep the mosquitoes away for a little while.

But the bug spray always helps. Well, okay, usually.

I have not eaten a banana in a loooonng time and those stupid mosquitoes still come to zzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in my ear (Oooooh I HATE it when they do that....drives me up a wall!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: )

I also notice they come around a lot more after I've been sweating and breathing hard after working hard on something. :mad: :mad: :roll: :mad: :mad:

I HATE mosquitoes.... :x

Latest posts