Hot Wire Connections - Ideas on Fence Post

Help Support CattleToday:

rmonio

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm looking weatherproof the hot wire connection from my Fencer to the wire fence. Any ideas?

The post I'm putting it on is a PVC fence post currently.

Thanks!

I have my main unit in a shed and then run the proper double insulted cable underground in normal electrical conduit about 4m to the first post where I have a switch before it goes to the fence. A couple of elbows at the top to form a U so the opening is pointed down will help stop the water getting in but some silicone is advisable as well.

Ken

I'm looking at fencing off 20 acres, looking at the timeless with 5 wire, top bottom and middle hot, other 2 ground. Has anyone done this with success? 180ksi hi tension

I'm looking at fencing off 20 acres, looking at the timeless with 5 wire, top bottom and middle hot, other 2 ground. Has anyone done this with success? 180ksi hi tension
I've done 3 wire with the middle ground works well as long as it stays hot. I have been foolish enough to go through it by holding the middle wire down but got a bit lazy a couple of times and got the full from my back right through the chest, gave the heart a bit of a boost.

Ken

I've done 3 wire with the middle ground works well as long as it stays hot. I have been foolish enough to go through it by holding the middle wire down but got a bit lazy a couple of times and got the full from my back right through the chest, gave the heart a bit of a boost.

Ken
Sorry for the shock but good news for the fence! How did you ground?

I put in a five wire electric fence with the second from the top and the bottom wire a ground wire and the rest were hot.

Don't know how large the connection is but we run the wire through a section of garden hose . Protects the connection and me from getting shocked .