Three heifers ai'd and all test open

Help Support CattleToday:

Are you going to try again, or hold them over until the fall? We cut everything off...only have three that are too short to check. Everything else is confirmed AI bred. Just starting to get too dang hot!

I really want them bred but I don't want to waste anymore money. I'm not really sure what to do about these heifers. I guess I'll wait and retest like my AI tech wants and then go from there. I know I would be very upset if the tech doesn't cut me some sort of a deal to get these heifers bred.

I don't know who your tech is, but if he doesn't work with you and give them another try, I'd find a new tech. In his/her defense, some heifers just aren't going to breed, but I wouldn't give up on them until I'd tried them 2 or 3 times. I don't think another blood test is going to make much difference...the chance is slim to none that the results are going to come back any different. Sounds like they are just trying to buy more time that you really don't have. I'd be sweating bullets too if I charged someone that much and didn't stick any of them. :2cents:

Latest posts