Thoughts on an incident

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":234nbn2u said:
boondocks":234nbn2u said:
callmefence":234nbn2u said:
Our evidence here on ct is simply what is posted by the op. Security was called because the lady would not or could not pay for food....when you take something and don't pay for it you are a thief. A mentally I'll [sic] thief, maybe but still a thief

Mens rea. Use your Google.

Let me let you in on something boondocks.
The fact that there is a Latin name for something dosnt make it right.

Just like the fact that your well read dosnt make you smart.

I'm not talking about right or wrong. You said she was a thief if (e.g.) she could not pay for food or was mentally ill. I was merely pointing out that generally speaking, in criminal law there is an element of mens rea that is required, such that someone that is mentally ill (for example) may not be "guilty" of a crime even if they commit acts that may otherwise constitute the elements of the crime. So, it's not about who is smarter, or better read. It's just facts. No need to get so personal.

M-5":2zff83h4 said:
boondocks":2zff83h4 said:
callmefence":2zff83h4 said:
Our evidence here on ct is simply what is posted by the op. Security was called because the lady would not or could not pay for food....when you take something and don't pay for it you are a thief. A mentally I'll [sic] thief, maybe but still a thief

Mens rea. Use your Google.

the grandson has to also have a guilty mind of racisim so mens rea applys on both accounts
Well, it's a little more subtle than that, I think. The mens rea is a tricky area for civil rights violations, at least under federal law. Here's some background as it applied to the Ferguson case: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/vol ... 7b6c976dbf. As you can see, in such cases the prosecutor doesn't prove that a defendant P.O. was a general across-the-board "racist" but rather that s/he acted with the intent to deprive the deft of his/her civil rights. A very high burden to show--and why civil rights cases against PO's are often lost, even on facts that seem a bit...sketchy.

callmefence":1ngvh7sm said:
Bestoutwest":1ngvh7sm said:
etr":1ngvh7sm said:
Any opinions on Black Herefords! lol

Well, they're better than polled Hereford cattle, which are massively better than horned Hereford.

I have no problem with black herefords, as long as they pay their feed bill.

I don't really think they're a superior breed, I was just joking around. They're pretty to look at, though.

They should require payment from patrons or have their meal ticket scanned or punched before allowing them into the cafeteria. I've been through lunch lines 1000s of times and that's how it has worked in every one of them at every school I've ever been to and I don't recall any incidents of non-payment.

Latest posts