Skin walker ranch thoughts

Help Support CattleToday:

devonian

Reaction score
Its the season finale tomorrow in my territory and I'm looking forward to it. For any not familiar (which would surprise me) its a ranch in Utah in the uintah basin that's been described as the Disney world of the paranormal. Cattle mutilations, abnormally large wolves, poltergeist activity, ufo's you name it they have had it there. My favourite story was of the 4 bulls that went missing only to be found an hour later found squeezed tight into a locked mobile unit an almost impossible feat. This before the latest owners got involved who have started scientifically testing the place to see what is going on here with rockets and drilling and all kinds of experiments unfortunately with mixed results as every test they do either something messes up their equipment or else the results throw up impossible results prompting further questions. What do you think is going on here??

Sounds like it'll make more money than cattle to me. I've never watched more than a 15 minutes at a time but it is an entertaining story. Could be true too 🤷

Not at all familiar, but it sounds like "made for tv" sort of stuff.
Huh possible, but the skinwalker ranch curse is said to be an old indian folklore and the ranch owners before the current owners and the owners before that were just normal farming people called the Shermans (this before government and then the tv people got involved) they were the ones reporting abnormally large bullet proof wolves, calves being surgically like mutilated in a matter of minutes when their backs were turned with no evidence of the attacker and the bulls being impossibly relocated as well as their dogs being murdered. This was all decades before the tv crews moved in (documented in 1996 https://www.deseret.com/1996/6/30/19251541/frequent-fliers) so that's quite a long set up for a tv programme.

Last edited:
I just had a dig around for stories and unusual reports before the Shermans who owned the place from 1992-96 and there isn't very much which is a little suspicious perhaps. It was owned by the Meyers who owned it fro the 1930's to the 1980s and they never reported any paranormal activity however police officers and visitors to the ranch did report activity according to this article: https://haunted-travel.com/the-skinwalker-ranch-before-the-shermans

I watched an episode of Strange Evidence where they did some investigating about the ranch. I don't know if I believe it all, but crazy things do happen that we don't understand.

Its the season finale tomorrow in my territory and I'm looking forward to it. For any not familiar (which would surprise me) its a ranch in Utah in the uintah basin that's been described as the Disney world of the paranormal. Cattle mutilations, abnormally large wolves, poltergeist activity, ufo's you name it they have had it there. My favourite story was of the 4 bulls that went missing only to be found an hour later found squeezed tight into a locked mobile unit an almost impossible feat. This before the latest owners got involved who have started scientifically testing the place to see what is going on here with rockets and drilling and all kinds of experiments unfortunately with mixed results as every test they do either something messes up their equipment or else the results throw up impossible results prompting further questions. What do you think is going on here??
Basic bulls**t meant to generate an income. Ever wonder why Utah is so often in the news? The top four states mentioned in media are New York (population 19.5M), California (39M), Florida (22.6M, and Utah (3.5M). With so few people, why is Utah mentioned so often? The Mormon Church actively promotes their members getting into media, and promoting the state... which opens a lot of opportunities to cultivate new members. Even bad press is good press to The Church.

Once that "Oak Island" idiocy took off and got a following the theocracy had to find something to compete. It's easy to generate a storyline when you aren't constrained by truth or reality.

Basic bulls**t meant to generate an income. Ever wonder why Utah is so often in the news? The top four states mentioned in media are New York (population 19.5M), California (39M), Florida (22.6M, and Utah (3.5M). With so few people, why is Utah mentioned so often? The Mormon Church actively promotes their members getting into media, and promoting the state... which opens a lot of opportunities to cultivate new members. Even bad press is good press to The Church.

Once that "Oak Island" idiocy took off and got a following the theocracy had to find something to compete. It's easy to generate a storyline when you aren't constrained by truth or reality.
Uh huh not a believer of the possibility extra terrestrial life then despite the size of the Universe? Your own government admitted UFOs are real in 2017 (did everyone miss that?) and released actual us navy footage of it (the tic-tac video) showing craft doing impossible maneuvers. That's a big hands up WE DON'T KNOW what this is right there from the most powerful government on the planet. We are being drip fed disclosure about the matter right now so no one gets spooked but apparently only some of us are paying attention.

Uh huh not a believer of the possibility extra terrestrial life then despite the size of the Universe? Your own government admitted UFOs are real in 2017 (did everyone miss that?) and released actual us navy footage of it (the tic-tac video) showing craft doing impossible maneuvers. That's a big hands up WE DON'T KNOW what this is right there from the most powerful government on the planet. We are being drip fed disclosure about the matter right now so no one gets spooked but apparently only some of us are paying attention.
Ya know... there is always that line in any apocalypse movie where someone says, "Do you really think the government will tell us?"

And everyone in the film (and the theater) immediately gets the thought, "No... not really." if not, "Hell NO!"

But no one really seems to understand that Governments have to be convinced before they'll launch into hysteria. It's one of the strengths of government if used appropriately, and a terrible weakness if used without real cause. The public is merciless either way. (Nothing to do with politics) It's human nature.

But even if the government is actively unaware, there have to be civilians that discover the calamity unfolding first. It's not like "the government" would know before everyone else.

But Skinwalker Ranch??? Yeah... not real.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the entire thing was created in the late 1980s to keep an over extended rancher from going completely bankrupt.
The oilfield crash led the owner of the property at risk of losing not only that ranch but several other properties.
Made up stories about skin walkers and cattle mutilations.
Then whamo convinced someone with tons of money to buy the ranch. Rancher was able to save all his other property with the crazy money that was paid .
Personally know an owner of property who is directly boarders the ranch.
He is the fourth generation to own and live on the property he is nearing retirement and soon the fifth and sixth generation will soon be taking over the management of the property. Says he spent almost every summer all through his youth helping his neighbors (on what is now skinwalker ranch)put up hay , brand calves and vice versa. Never heard or saw anything unusual going at that location his entire life.
Something else to think about that doesn't fit the story very well.
The Navaho suposedly cursed the ground and that is why the skin walker ranch exists.
Only problem is the closest Navaho tribe expansion is at least 300 miles away and further then that from traditional Navaho areas.
Then you have to believe that a Navaho Shawman traveled traveled 300 miles to curse a piece of ground that was on the fringe of the Ute domain. Then all that cursed ground just happened to end up within the ownership of one particular person. Kind of have to suspend all beliefs if you expect me to believe all those circumstances.
But no since in letting facts get in the way of a good story or money making.

It's certainly interesting, though personally I'd rather have to worry about spooky ghost stories than some of the people you'll run across out in the wilderness these days. I haven't heard of a single person being killed by a cryptid that can be certified, but we've had a litany of killings by way of the homeless, meth heads, and other such folks in the woods.

It's certainly interesting, though personally I'd rather have to worry about spooky ghost stories than some of the people you'll run across out in the wilderness these days. I haven't heard of a single person being killed by a cryptid that can be certified, but we've had a litany of killings by way of the homeless, meth heads, and other such folks in the woods.
There are a lot more interesting stories in that general area but most not a lot more believable but interesting nonetheless.
Blind frog ranch, the haunting of moon lake by the water babies/moon lake monster.
The spirits that guard the lost Rhodes /Spanish mines /seven cities of cibola mines. Some claim the area is the original home of the Aztecs and or where they stashed the enormous gold silver from the advancing Spanish.
The lost Mormon $10 gold coins, butch cassidy hideout /stash

Never heard of it. As to the broader topic of paranormal activity, I'm quite skeptical. I believe that there is generally a logical or tangible explanation for pretty much all instances of so called paranormal happenings.
The same with cryptids. like the Sasquatch, a lot sensationalism around the subject, and some people think everything that moves in the woods or any noise they hear is it. There is usually a logical explanation, ie mistaken identity, overactive imagination. etc.
We have a BnB in the house I grew up in from the time I was 5, built in 1979. We have hosted well over 100 different bookings. Two different families have mentioned it being haunted. Actually the proper word for that in KY is hainted which they both pronounced it as hainted, and both were from not to far away in our region of KY, which has quite a history of folklore and legends about that sort of thing.
Once, before we started doing the BnB, a young newly married couple in which the young man was related to some good friends were renting part of the house as an apartment. The man worked night shift and the lady called my wife to tell her she heard something. She told her I would go over and walk around inside and around the house. I took a pistol and looked around, didn't see anything out of place or out of the ordinary. Over years when I lived there with my parents and in later years with my mother, we would occasionally hear something, usually if we looked hard enough we'd find what it was or come to a logical conclusion. Pictures have fallen from the wall, house settling etc.
Nowadays our community has quite a few transient people, and many of our locals are drunks and or drug addicts so a lot of suspicious activity of all kinds from humans. We have a farm and barn across the road from where we live. There's been several instances of people going in the barn and those SimAngus heifers I have pictured in another thread are on edge and crazy wild while over there but then settle down when moved back over here. I leave the front barn door open so the two bred heifers and bull can come and go which makes it easier when I catch them in the barn to load out. The other morning when I went to take them mineral and some feed, I found a stick on the ground in the part where the cattle can come into. I figure somebody found that a of tobacco stick at the other end of the barn and ran the cattle out.
Years ago we had a tenant house in that property as well and be of the families that lived there had an older teenager that was evidently into sone pretty bad stuff. We think he was into some satanic stuff. I had noticed a few cats that had strange injuries to them and always wondered if the kid had done it to them. When they moved out we found some disturbing writings on the garage, and in presumably his room we found a bunch of stuffed animals hung with nooses from the ceiling with real knives and hatchets stuck in the backs. Was sure glad when they left.
I think a lot of things can be attributed to the imaginations and evilness of humans.

Latest posts