This week's Angus Report

Help Support CattleToday:

I know it's a waste of time to say this but every breed association and every proponent of every breed says the same thing- they're the greatest in every aspect from the birthing to the table blah, blah, blah. Doesn't hurt my feelings any. Really can't see why it does anybody elses. All the other breed associations and their proponents should be grateful for CAB allowing other breeds of beef besides angus to be in the mix. Angus and CAB advertising generate demand for ALL beef.

During the last year, the American Angus Association has also been involved in providing public relations assistance to state cattlemen's groups. Here's a sample of some the non-breed specific segments that we produced for the Oregon Cattlemen's Association and the Colorado Beef Council last year.

[youtube]0mzGZFIRsSY[/youtube]
[youtube]LnowZodYiDQ[/youtube]

Our goal is to educate the public about the benefits of cattle production, and to counter negative information being advanced by anti-ag groups.

Thanks for watching!

Eric Grant
American Angus Association

angusprguy":3542opao said:
During the last year, the American Angus Association has also been involved in providing public relations assistance to state cattlemen's groups. Here's a sample of some the non-breed specific segments that we produced for the Oregon Cattlemen's Association and the Colorado Beef Council last year.

[youtube]0mzGZFIRsSY[/youtube]
[youtube]LnowZodYiDQ[/youtube]

Our goal is to educate the public about the benefits of cattle production, and to counter negative information being advanced by anti-ag groups.

Thanks for watching!

Eric Grant
American Angus Association

Eric, for that effort I thank you.

Frankie":3ue5u58s said:
3waycross":3ue5u58s said:
WOW we have a new ANGUS PIMP Welcome to CT angusprguy. At least you declare your intentions.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm do I smell a frankie in the woodpile??????

WOW? That's right; guess I shouldn't be surprised that you're such an ingrate. The American Angus Assn (including Eric Grant) have worked long and hard to make YOUR Angus cattle more valuable, in the box, on the rail or at the sale barn. Every time you sell an Angus influenced animal for a good price, you're taking advantage of their hard work. And how to you repay this hard work? Ugly words and insults. Shame on you.

INGRATE. If you pay me to do a job and I do it. Should I be grateful. NO , I should be satisfied with the quality of the work. Being grateful has absolutely nothing to do with it.

No Frankie, SHAME ON YOU Do you really think I am the only one on here that gets sick of your BS. You make more enemies for the Angus Assn that friends with your attitude and arrogance. Be careful who you call names. There's plenty of glass in your house also.

3waycross":1g0mal5q said:
INGRATE. If you pay me to do a job and I do it. Should I be grateful. NO , I should be satisfied with the quality of the work. Being grateful has absolutely nothing to do with it.

No Frankie, SHAME ON YOU Do you really think I am the only one on here that gets sick of your BS. You make more enemies for the Angus Assn that friends with your attitude and arrogance. Be careful who you call names. There's plenty of glass in your house also.

News Flash: The AAA doesn't pay anyone to use Angus genetics. So your "argument" is foolish. Yes, you should be grateful to the forward thinking, hard working people at the AAA who have worked long and hard to bring Angus genetics to the top of the market SO YOU CAN PROFIT FROM THEM. Or at the very least, stop bashing them! When we sent steers through the OK Steer Feedout some time ago, they were the most profitable group. Not because they were all that great (though, compared to the rest of the group, they were pretty good), but because the cattle buyer valued them lower than the mostly Continental calves entered into the program. Look at the difference today. Angus calves top markets all across the US. Angus beef is everywhere, from fast food to high end restaurants. At the female sale I attended recently, I'll bet 90% of the cattle were black and 95% of the calves were black. At least the ones I saw sell. People don't use Angus just because they like them; they use them because they profit from them. Just like you do. And the AAA has been instrumental in making that true.

Why in the world would you think I care one tiny whit what you think of me? Or that you get tired of my "BS"? You live in a very small self-centered world if you think that. Meanwhile, you are the one who continues to bash my breed. Don't like it when I unload what I think of your comments? Tough.

Frankie":8238i8qw said:
3waycross":8238i8qw said:

News Flash: The AAA doesn't pay anyone to use Angus genetics. So your "argument" is foolish. Yes, you should be grateful to the forward thinking, hard working people at the AAA who have worked long and hard to bring Angus genetics to the top of the market SO YOU CAN PROFIT FROM THEM. Or at the very least, stop bashing them! When we sent steers through the OK Steer Feedout some time ago, they were the most profitable group. Not because they were all that great (though, compared to the rest of the group, they were pretty good), but because the cattle buyer valued them lower than the mostly Continental calves entered into the program. Look at the difference today. Angus calves top markets all across the US. Angus beef is everywhere, from fast food to high end restaurants. At the female sale I attended recently, I'll bet 90% of the cattle were black and 95% of the calves were black. At least the ones I saw sell. People don't use Angus just because they like them; they use them because they profit from them. Just like you do. And the AAA has been instrumental in making that true.

Why in the world would you think I care one tiny whit what you think of me? Or that you get tired of my "BS"? You live in a very small self-centered world if you think that. Meanwhile, you are the one who continues to bash my breed. Don't like it when I unload what I think of your comments? Tough.

My only regret is that I let you suck me into another one of your energy sucking shyt storms. Just yesterday I counseled someone else here to not waste their time with your stupid games and then I fall right back down the rat hole where you live.

Dam yer good!

"People" are the worst thing angus have going for them. Case in point above.

It is okay for these folks to tell aggie jokes but they can't take one bit.

Eric I don't live in Colorado or Oregon. You surely read of the angus dying in Idaho last year during a heat wave. That "heat wave" is nothing compared to my norm. The old time vet tells me it is not so much the high temps during the day, it is when the overnight lows are so darn warm too.

All of which is fine, just don't like folks telling other folks that they do fine in this climate when I know better.

Got no problem with angus as a terminal bull in this climate.

3waycross":1s6n9dmf said:
My only regret is that I let you suck me into another one of your energy sucking shyt storms. Just yesterday I counseled someone else here to not waste their time with your stupid games and then I fall right back down the rat hole where you live.

Dam yer good!

ROTFLMAO! Since your memory is so short, let's review this thread. Someone posts an Angus video, signs his name and his affiliation with the AAA. You respond:

WOW we have a new ANGUS PIMP Welcome to CT angusprguy. At least you declare your intentions.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm do I smell a frankie in the woodpile????

And now you say I sucked you into an argument? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I use Angus and Angus influenced cattle in both bulls and females. They work well here in my part of the country. They sell well too. I have no problem with the AAA and I get their association periodical every month. I also get the American Gelbvieh Association periodical. Both keep me updated on techniques, sales etc. I am one of those guys that believe that most all breeds serve a purpose in various parts of the country. If I lived further south I would probably be raising either some type of red or white cattle or Brahman influenced cattle. I know that each association is out to push the merits of their breed and I have no issue with that. I believe that I am smart enough to see through the marketing hype and figure out what works best for my program in my market and environment.

HOSS":9v5ll3tx said:
I use Angus and Angus influenced cattle in both bulls and females. They work well here in my part of the country. They sell well too. I have no problem with the AAA and I get their association periodical every month. I also get the American Gelbvieh Association periodical. Both keep me updated on techniques, sales etc. I am one of those guys that believe that most all breeds serve a purpose in various parts of the country. If I lived further south I would probably be raising either some type of red or white cattle or Brahman influenced cattle. I know that each association is out to push the merits of their breed and I have no issue with that. I believe that I am smart enough to see through the marketing hype and figure out what works best for my program in my market and environment.
come on hoss,,, you know your one of us sheeple... :cowboy:

alacattleman":5hdhtfez said:
HOSS":5hdhtfez said:
come on hoss,,, you know your one of us sheeple... :cowboy:

alacattleman,

I'm sure I could find a few folks that would disagree with my last statement. I will follow the sheep as long as the grazing is good but will have to go "maverick" when I sense a slaughter about to happen :cowboy: :lol:

DOC HARRIS":3tme8ery said:
This is for the general information of everyone on the CattleToday Forum: Eric Grant IS the Official and Legitimate "Public Relations Manager" for the American Angus Association. That is his Professional Employment. He is responsible for the "I AM ANGUS" programs which appear on RFD-TV. He is personally responsible for and filmed most, if not all, of the segments on that effort. He is a personal friend of mine, and I can guarantee to you that he is not deserving of snide and sarcastic comments, not only because of the work he produces, but because it is his duty and responsibility! He is a "Professional" in every sense of the word, not only for what he does, but how he approaches his assignments and his "Creative Media" efforts. He personally designed the Public Relations and Advertising agenda for the AAA, and is doing a spectacular job for the Angus business - as well as for the Beef Industry as a whole in general!

Think about this: every breeder of Beef Cattle in the Beef Business can honor and respect Eric Grant for bringing to the minds of every person who witnesses any part of the Videos and Print Advertising that appears on Television and any Periodical that carries the various stories which he produces, because it helps the general public to understand what YOUR business consists of, and how YOU are bringing beef to the public dinner tables - thereby helping to INCREASE the demand for BEEF! Forget your petty and childish quarreling, bickering, squabbling, and contentious and antagonistic attitudes toward another beef breed or another beef breeder - or even another breeder of your own breed of cattle! There is enough anger and disgusting crap going on in our own Government for you to take out your ire on rather than to waste your efforts on our own fellow breeders!

I understand the competitiveness between the different Beef Breeds, BELIEVE ME! I have lived through more senseless rhetoric for and against the various and supposed differences in beef breeds and individuals than most of the members of this Forum, and I can attest to the fact that most of it is specious (that means "seeming to be sound and correct without really being so"). "There are more differences between indviduals of the same breed than between GOOD individuals of different breeds"!

I would like to suggest that we concentrate on calling a truce on throwing brickbats toward each other, and devote our energies toward improving our own cattle, whatever the breed - OR the Association - may be.

Just My Opinion.

DOC HARRIS

Well said Doc, well said indeed! Been on the road for a couple of days, but thats a whole other story, but Eric Grant and Crystal Young are two of the best things to happen to the AAA in a while, the Angus message is front and center again, cohesive and factual. Too bad that the success of Angus causes the red mist to descend! :D

Thanks for your comments and for watching our show.

Here's the April 23rd edition:

[youtube]INisOj8k_28[/youtube]

Good morning --

Do internet news shows like the one above have informational value for your business? If your own breed association produced a similar program, would you watch it?

Thanks,

Eric

Latest posts