angusprguy

Reaction score
Good morning --

Here is this week's Angus Report:
[youtube]RFhZwz7BEys[/youtube]

Thanks,

Eric Grant
American Angus Association

WOW we have a new ANGUS PIMP Welcome to CT angusprguy. At least you declare your intentions.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm do I smell a frankie in the woodpile??????

3waycross":otcu0hg3 said:
WOW we have a new ANGUS PIMP Welcome to CT angusprguy. At least you declare your intentions.

Naw, just check the bottom of your boots.

Why is it that so many feel the need to be critical about the Angus breed and association. As far as I can tell, it is and has been the most succesful breed in the US. There are some things i do not like about the breed and there are some things I would change about the association. But there are far more posititive things I do like about them. Is this a jealousy thing?

i to was once a angus hater,,,,,,,,, yes its true...... their steal not my favorite breed. but i threw in the towel a few years ago and switched.... a beaten man :cowboy:

Avalon":1q64zkgv said:
Why is it that so many feel the need to be critical about the Angus breed and association. As far as I can tell, it is and has been the most succesful breed in the US. There are some things i do not like about the breed and there are some things I would change about the association. But there are far more posititive things I do like about them. Is this a jealousy thing?

No! it's for sure not jelousy on my part. I own Angus and think they are a great tool to produce what I NEED to sell.

What pi$$es me off is this attitude that in order to make Angus more the ASSociation has to make everyone else less.

Especially SOME people.

3waycross":f3zu6av9 said:
Avalon":f3zu6av9 said:

No! it's for sure not jelousy on my part. I own Angus and think they are a great tool to produce what I NEED to sell.

What pi$$es me off is this attitude that in order to make Angus more the ASSociation has to make everyone else less.

Especially SOME people.

Let's see hmmmm, i wonder who that could be. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

The ironic thing is...the people who felt the need to weigh in on this post even though they take issue with it have just been bumping it back up and giving it more exposure. :dunce: :D :D :D

lakading":u9nz1vd8 said:
The ironic thing is...the people who felt the need to weigh in on this post even though they take issue with it have just been bumping it back up and giving it more exposure. :dunce: :D :D :D

Am I missing something? All of the above posts happened in one day. It aint like this one has gone on for months (or even a week).

This is for the general information of everyone on the CattleToday Forum: Eric Grant IS the Official and Legitimate "Public Relations Manager" for the American Angus Association. That is his Professional Employment. He is responsible for the "I AM ANGUS" programs which appear on RFD-TV. He is personally responsible for and filmed most, if not all, of the segments on that effort. He is a personal friend of mine, and I can guarantee to you that he is not deserving of snide and sarcastic comments, not only because of the work he produces, but because it is his duty and responsibility! He is a "Professional" in every sense of the word, not only for what he does, but how he approaches his assignments and his "Creative Media" efforts. He personally designed the Public Relations and Advertising agenda for the AAA, and is doing a spectacular job for the Angus business - as well as for the Beef Industry as a whole in general!

Think about this: every breeder of Beef Cattle in the Beef Business can honor and respect Eric Grant for bringing to the minds of every person who witnesses any part of the Videos and Print Advertising that appears on Television and any Periodical that carries the various stories which he produces, because it helps the general public to understand what YOUR business consists of, and how YOU are bringing beef to the public dinner tables - thereby helping to INCREASE the demand for BEEF! Forget your petty and childish quarreling, bickering, squabbling, and contentious and antagonistic attitudes toward another beef breed or another beef breeder - or even another breeder of your own breed of cattle! There is enough anger and disgusting crap going on in our own Government for you to take out your ire on rather than to waste your efforts on our own fellow breeders!

I understand the competitiveness between the different Beef Breeds, BELIEVE ME! I have lived through more senseless rhetoric for and against the various and supposed differences in beef breeds and individuals than most of the members of this Forum, and I can attest to the fact that most of it is specious (that means "seeming to be sound and correct without really being so"). "There are more differences between indviduals of the same breed than between GOOD individuals of different breeds"!

I would like to suggest that we concentrate on calling a truce on throwing brickbats toward each other, and devote our energies toward improving our own cattle, whatever the breed - OR the Association - may be.

Just My Opinion.

DOC HARRIS

Lotsa head cases on public forums, DOC. Someone reading the CT forums might get the idea that angus bashing is a common sport but I've never known an angus basher in real life. Never even seen one on TV. :D

ga.prime":1k256qyo said:
Lotsa head cases on public forums, DOC. Someone reading the CT forums might get the idea that angus bashing is a common sport but I've never known an angus basher in real life. Never even seen one on TV. :D
-

ga.prime-

Well my friend, I have seen them, and when I was younger (more years ago than I wish to admit to myself!) I participated in a "Fist City" confrontation over just exactly that subject -"Angus are TOTALLY no good"! I objected vigorously to the term "TOTALLY" This was in the days when they had a LOT of things wrong with them, but not TOTALLY! There were a few things wrong with me, too.

I learned a lesson that day - even though I did get the upper hand on the individual who "passed the remark" about my favorite breed at that time! You are right - there are a lot of head cases in the World, and they are not all on public forums!

DOC HARRIS

The overly sensitive part makes it all the more fun. Sort of like the truth really hurts for some at times. For others they can dish out plenty but take none.

For the record, I have never met the guy who owns Sugna Werks but figure that dude has an issue with angus.

The few I have calve in the fall here.

For me it's real simple. I own em, I sell em in boxes, I have nothing against the beef or the cattle. It's the bull---t that they are the answer to everything and the only breed that's any good that drives me over the edge..........and I think we all know where this attitude comes from.

If I offended the highly paid(I am sure) REPRESENTATIVE from the Angus Assn, then I apologize Doc. I wonder why though that you didn't chastise him for trying to get FREE advertising by posting on here instead of having to pay for an ad on Ranchers net. He is a PAID representative for a very large business, not a great humanatarian or the man who invented a cure for cancer.

As I have said before we all have the opportunity to vote with our fingers here and not read a thread if we don't like the content...........nuff said.

3waycross":1zbik5bw said:
For me it's real simple. I own em, I sell em in boxes, I have nothing against the beef or the cattle. It's the bull---t that they are the answer to everything and the only breed that's any good that drives me over the edge..........and I think we all know where this attitude comes from.

You hit the nail on the head.

Arrogance is a sin.

3waycross":2v4raje9 said:

WOW? That's right; guess I shouldn't be surprised that you're such an ingrate. The American Angus Assn (including Eric Grant) have worked long and hard to make YOUR Angus cattle more valuable, in the box, on the rail or at the sale barn. Every time you sell an Angus influenced animal for a good price, you're taking advantage of their hard work. And how to you repay this hard work? Ugly words and insults. Shame on you.

Latest posts