This is just wrong

Help Support CattleToday:

That just makes me sick. That needs to be brought out in the public over National News and who ever has his dog, needs to return her. I cannot imagine taking his dog as she will love him more than anyone else, and would leave her new owner in a heart beat over him.

That should not have been allowed. Mostly when the soldier asked to keep her. :mad:

That's the kind of crap that his senators and representative should be digging into.

Who could do that to someone with PTSD and the other physical injuries? A special kind of selfish b@stard. The article mentioned Ft. Campbell, so that would be Kentucky? Senators are Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell.

Sounds like Vargas needs a few pock marks across his head. Probably gave the dog to one of his buddies.

Something may be a little off with this story, so be careful responding to it.

I worked with bomb dogs and the Marines were told to NOT get attached to their dogs as they will never get to keep them and could very easily be given to another soldier to work at any time.In fact half way thru Marine training several dogs were swapped around just to make it clear that the dogs are not theirs to keep.
If hurt when the dog recovered he was redeployed with the next marine in line. The dogs needed to stay where they would work for anyone handling them and the military needed to get as much value out of their investment as possible. There are thousands of dollars tied up in a dog by the time it is trained. Their training is carried out by numerous trainers so the dogs work for anyone and their work ethic is totally independent of bonding. Also they did not want the Marines to "protect" their dogs and keep them from working, or put themselves in danger to protect their dog.
How can you promise a handler they can keep their dog when its been in several soldiers hands.
Its more manageable to tell them all they will NOT get the dog.
I do like the idea of having retired dogs going to injured marines-- just not guaranteeing it will be the one they worked with.

I have a gut feeling that dog was redeployed and they don't want to tell him that. It may have gotten injured again. Being a bomb dog with remote detonators around is risky. They would rather get rid of a single dog than a bunch of marines, they are extremely effective.

For all of those that helped send a letter to Greta - "On the Record," she is talking about it on her show. God Bless her for doing this.
She had the soldiers Dad on the show, and it was the full story. The man called Greta, "Gretchen" at the end. :oops: But he just made a mistake on her name.
His dog has been gone for a year, and the man is still mourning of the loss of his dog.
She told him that she didn't know how to fix it, but the people who have the dog should return it to him. They need to find out who has the dog and let the dog choose. I was so pleased to see them take this up so quickly.

I wish she would find out who has the dog now. I will write again.

Latest posts