This is getting rediculous..snakes

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas":1vptuz5v said:
cross_7":1vptuz5v said:
Water moccasins ?
cross7, was that an accident that you cought those or was you trying to? Might be that a person could bait a minnow trap with a couple eggs and it might work.

No not mine but what made me think about that was from back when I was a kid and caught several in my fish basket that was full of crappie

Well you for sure aint gonna catch them all but it is an easy way to get a few. With this even if you checked it only every few days there is a good chance of catching some. No toxins, no damage to other animals, can be back in the bushes or right beside someones house and nobody will fuss.

Hook,

Get you a half dozen pieces of galvanized roof tin (silver in color) go to the snake are and lay them around the property and out in the sun with a 2x4 under one end. It attracts snakes like a magnet. Every few days you flip over the tin and blast away with a .357 stoked with snake shot. I have gotten 6 at a time like this. I suspect if you put out several of these you will thin the snakes down in a hurry. It makes the snakes come to you and you will know where they are. At night the snakes sense the warm tin and crawl under it.

HOSS":2tnh6cke said:
Hook,

Get you a half dozen pieces of galvanized roof tin (silver in color) go to the snake are and lay them around the property and out in the sun with a 2x4 under one end. It attracts snakes like a magnet. Every few days you flip over the tin and blast away with a .357 stoked with snake shot. I have gotten 6 at a time like this. I suspect if you put out several of these you will thin the snakes down in a hurry. It makes the snakes come to you and you will know where they are. At night the snakes sense the warm tin and crawl under it.
id have to start blasting before i fliped the tin :cowboy:

i ain't putting my hand down there to flip it....

if snakes are that bad, I would still put a couple of hogs in the field with the cattle....

my wife wants me to put some in the yard....she hates snakes....since both she and two of her dogs have been copperhead bitten over the years....

ALACOWMAN":3b54klyi said:
HOSS":3b54klyi said:
Hook,

id have to start blasting before i fliped the tin :cowboy:

Yep, me too. It would be nothing but flakes of tin scattered on the ground after a few days.

Or I would tie a rope to the other end 1000 ft long. Have a second party flip it over while I was pulled up next to it in my truck.

The 1000 ft is not because I would be concerned about them getting bit, but it would decrease the chance of bird shot penetrating if I got a little excited.

Long wooden handle in one hand and pistol grip shotgun in the other. Piece of cake.

I just had an idea for a great snake trap.
Edited because it may be a really good idea.

hoss idea is a good one, infact the one id go with... cause ive raised up to many pieces of tin to find out.. you can bet a good place to find copperheads to... coworkers uncle got hit 3 times before he knew what it was, moving tin.. went down on the last strike

I know for a fact the whiteoak snakes can and will go thru hardware cloth big enough for them to get in and they can not get out of the cage with a couple of golf balls and eggs in them.

M5farm":1wmmum0r said:
I know for a fact the whiteoak snakes can and will go thru hardware cloth big enough for them to get in and they can not get out of the cage with a couple of golf balls and eggs in them.
I have never even once seen one here. We only have the moccs, the eastern and the coral to worry about

M5farm":1lkck0mv said:

A golf ball or two, and you wouldn't need to catch them to dispose of.

ALACOWMAN":1pien325 said:
hooknline":1pien325 said:
I just had an idea for a great snake trap.
Edited because it may be a really good idea.[/quote] to late,,, copyright in the mail
:cowboy:
:mrgreen: :lol:

Hey, I may be onto something. You never know. I promise to deliver one free unit to any ct member that needs one. Limited time offer. :lol:

Hook, no pygmy rattlesnakes? You named everything else. I almost sat on one a few years ago. Scared the begebbies out of me. I now look closely at any weathered wooden bench I sit on.

Latest posts