This is a test.............of the emergency broadcast system

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy":3jmx2fs8 said:
dun":3jmx2fs8 said:
flaboy":3jmx2fs8 said:
dun":3jmx2fs8 said:
Who or what are the beatles?

dun

Never listened to any of the none country/rocka billy/western, etc. stuff, except Louis Armstrong and Fats Domino.

dun

This one is for DUN... :lol: :lol:

Ah, to be that young and spry again!

dun

Bez":1k2adysu said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1k2adysu said:
Is it Wednesday already! :?: :roll:

Nope - she said SHE would post - if she had said to not post our answers I would not have - as it stands now, I edited to keep YOU happy.

:p

Bez
You don't need to do ANYTHING to keep ME happy Bez. Just thought it would be more fun if people could figure out how good they did before the answers were posted. But thanks. ;-)

dun":102zt5z4 said:
flaboy":102zt5z4 said:
flaboy":102zt5z4 said:
Who or what are the beatles?

dun

Never listened to any of the none country/rocka billy/western, etc. stuff, except Louis Armstrong and Fats Domino.

dun

This one is for DUN... :lol: :lol:

Ah, to be that young and spry again!

dun

Age is mind over matter.....If you don't mind, it don't matter!!! ;-)

I won't give away the answer yet but how many remember not only why the American Pie song was written but for whom. It was almost Waylon Jennings but at the last minuite it wasn't. Big hints here.

Bama":1gmlg57z said:
I won't give away the answer yet but how many remember not only why the American Pie song was written but for whom. It was almost Waylon Jennings but at the last minuite it wasn't. Big hints here.

American Pie was written to honor a singer (I believe it was either Richie Valens or The Big Bopper) who died in a plane crash.

msscamp":3ny0tr7s said:
Bama":3ny0tr7s said:

American Pie was written to honor a singer (I believe it was either Richie Valens or The Big Bopper) who died in a plane crash.

Two out of three ain't bad. 1 more. Waylon gave up his seat right before takeoff.

Bama":6v9ka27a said:
msscamp":6v9ka27a said:
Bama":6v9ka27a said:

Two out of three ain't bad. 1 more. Waylon gave up his seat right before takeoff.

Which one was it? Richie Valens or the Big Bopper? I can't quite remember.

Oh Donna, Richie Valens died in a plane crash. i dont know about the Big Bopper.

Ryder":vplchecv said:
It's not the years it's the miles!

dun
And they've been telling me it was arthritis :?:[/quote]

That's part of what comes with the miles!

dun

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":ckanlx08 said:
Beefy":ckanlx08 said:
Oh Donna, Richie Valens died in a plane crash. i dont know about the Big Bopper.
The Big Bopper was on the same plane. ;-)

And then there was Jim Reeves and Cowboy Copas, maybe in the same crash.

dun

Holy smokes the rocker was :eek: Buddy Holly
The planes name? American Pie

This list sure brought back some good memories. Bama, I got all 15 too. Seemed like a real easy list to answer. But we're probably not really that old, are we? Perhaps just good memories for trivia. :lol:

Do you "older folks" remember what the nickname Satchmo stands for?

Can you recall one of Satchell's famous quotes?

Or the title of The Big Bopper's one famous song?

dun, Gentleman Jim Reeves was surely one of the best. Too bad he died so young. I've got CD's of his greatest hits; what a smooth & mellow voice. Were you a Patsy Montana fan too?

Arnold Ziffle":cyhv1sm2 said:
dun, Gentleman Jim Reeves was surely one of the best. Too bad he died so young. I've got CD's of his greatest hits; what a smooth & mellow voice. Were you a Patsy Montana fan too?

I have LP's of Jim Reeves. :lol:

I guarantee you there are kids in here who have no idea what a LP is! Some have never even seen a 45 before. But I can admit that I've never owned a 78 rpm record. I've got daughter born in 1984, and I'm pretty sure she has never owned any records. By '84, cassettes were pretty much the craze, and what an improvement over the 8 tracks! Cassettes did to 8 tracks what CD's did to cassettes.

I believe the first album I ever bought was Tom T. Hall....back in the Jerry Jeff/Willie/Waylon outlaw days!

Latest posts