This is a test.............of the emergency broadcast system

Help Support CattleToday:

eric":9xzs2pdh said:
I guarantee you there are kids in here who have no idea what a LP is! Some have never even seen a 45 before. But I can admit that I've never owned a 78 rpm record. I've got daughter born in 1984, and I'm pretty sure she has never owned any records. By '84, cassettes were pretty much the craze, and what an improvement over the 8 tracks! Cassettes did to 8 tracks what CD's did to cassettes.

I believe the first album I ever bought was Tom T. Hall....back in the Jerry Jeff/Willie/Waylon outlaw days!

Yep, I had a hard time finding something that would play an LP after the last one broke. Now you just download it into some RAM. stick it in your ear and go. I saw a guy walking around the other day with this thing hanging out of his ear. I asked him if he needed me to cut it off for him. I got a nasty look. :lol:

I couldn't remember Red Skelton's hobo character. I can see him but all that comes to mind is the Clem Cadidlehopper guy.

Arnold Ziffle":7rzeswg7 said:
This list sure brought back some good memories. Bama, I got all 15 too. Seemed like a real easy list to answer. But we're probably not really that old, are we? Perhaps just good memories for trivia. :lol:

Do you "older folks" remember what the nickname Satchmo stands for?

Can you recall one of Satchell's famous quotes?

Or the title of The Big Bopper's one famous song?

dun, Gentleman Jim Reeves was surely one of the best. Too bad he died so young. I've got CD's of his greatest hits; what a smooth & mellow voice. Were you a Patsy Montana fan too?

I'll be 42 in oct. I don't know where Satchmo got his name from, but I do know the Big Boppers famous song. I bet most folks have heard it and just don't know he done it.

Well, after AZ 's post got my curiosity up, and a little internet research, it appears I was 15/15! What a lucky guess on my part, but he is the most famous jazz man, isnt he?

Man, why couldnt we of had the internet when we were in school? I, like most of you guys in here, probably spent hundreds of hrs looking up stuff in those big old Encyclopedia Brittanica's. :help: All I did was put in Satchmo, and BOOM, theres my answer. Print out a few different papers, use some WordPerfect or something similiar, and Bingo, there's my book report!! ;-)

Arnold Ziffle":z4umxxvj said:
This list sure brought back some good memories. Bama, I got all 15 too. Seemed like a real easy list to answer. But we're probably not really that old, are we? Perhaps just good memories for trivia. :lol:

Do you "older folks" remember what the nickname Satchmo stands for?

Can you recall one of Satchell's famous quotes?

Or the title of The Big Bopper's one famous song?

dun, Gentleman Jim Reeves was surely one of the best. Too bad he died so young. I've got CD's of his greatest hits; what a smooth & mellow voice. Were you a Patsy Montana fan too?

Wasn't The Big Bopper famous song The Twist? I think that's right.

"Chantilly Lace" and a pretty face
and a pony tail hanging down
that wiggle in the walk
and giggle in the talk
makes the world go round
there ain't nothin in the world
like a big eyed girl
that makes me act so funny
make me spend my money
make me feel real loose like a long necked goose
like a girl, oh baby that's what I like

The Twist was Chubby Checker as I recall

I got 14 out of 15. Getting old couldn't remember hobo name, just kept thinking Clem Cadilhopper.

mbdear, you are absolutely right! All I could remember was the 'Hello Baaabbbyy!' and got the two songs confused in my mind. Thank you!

Big Bopper, Richie Valens, and Buddy Holly were the big three on the plane. And will someone tell me the name of the hobo before I go crazy!!!

Angus Guy":2gnfnked said:
Big Bopper, Richie Valens, and Buddy Holly were the big three on the plane. And will someone tell me the name of the hobo before I go crazy!!!

check your pm's

I, too feel old. I know and remember them all!!

It is fun to remember the old stuff while we are still young enough to have a memory.

jw":339gmhsn said:
I, too feel old. I know and remember them all!!

It is fun to remember the old stuff while we are still young enough to have a memory.

Man, aint it the truth!! :( :(

hey all! yeah, i did kinda want ya'll to post your answers, but just getting all the response with the ration was fine. as promised heres the answers. i was pretty sure i wouldn't need to post them, except so ppl would know they did get them right, and i was right.

ANSWERS:
>
>01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
>02. The Ed Sullivan Show
>03. On Route 66
>04. To protect the innocent.
>05. The Lion sleeps tonight
>06. The limbo
>07. Chocolate
>08. Louis Armstrong
>09. The Timex watch
>10. Freddy, The Freeloader, and "Good Night, and may God Bless."
>11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned.)
>12. Beetle or Bug
>13. Buddy Holly
>14. Sputnik
>15. Hoola-hoop

good job everybody :clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts