This bull is starting to get on my nerves

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Hes constantly up my rear at feeding and anytime im near the cows or calves.
Just now he dropped his head on me so i kicked him square between the eyes with my boot heel. Yep he was that close. 20 more days give or take and hes back where he belongs
His calves are good but this is last time ill use him

Well im goung out there with 3 ft of 1" black iron pipe from now on. And a side arm.

Hook, any way you can feed him separately from the others, i.e.,put his grain in a separate enclosure, let him in to eat, then release him, so you don't have to share any space with him.

Keep your eyes open and be careful!

Quit being a chicken. Kicking a bull between the eyes did not do anything to bother the bull.Get a sorting stick and use it on his nose. Then whip his ass when he turns away.

Chicken huh? I dont know many that woulda kicked this boy the way i did.
I think ill just carry the pipe and sidearm til i send him back to his farm.
No way to feed him seperate and and still have him cover the ladies.
The farm he comes from they just feed over a fence so hes not used close interaction j think frankly i dont care. Too close for comfort. If it comes to it ill drop him and deal with that

You ain't fed as many bulls as i have. From your post the bull has not done any thing except follow you around. Not a problem that i can see. He ain't a throwing dirt or a blowing snot or a bellaring at the gate is he? I have been around a few fairly rank bulls, and that kick between the eyes would have just been a invitation.

Hes throwing dirt. I guess on the big scale he hasnt done much yet but i wont put up with any

Hes throwing dirt. I guess on the big scale he hasnt done much yet but i wont put up with any of it from any of the animals i carry. Its enough to make me uncomfortable and thats not all that easy to do

Gotta make sure everyones covered first.
And for clarification when i say crawling up my rear i mean a foot or less most times.
Another 2 wreks and i can make sure everyones covered. Then hes gone.

Good luck with him.
One of my leased Jersey bulls is doing that, though not near so close. Three weeks till he's gone. They're an accident waiting to happen once they start stalking.
That four month Holsteinx bull calf I kept for the herd - gone, same reason. Any time I was with the calves his entire focus was on me. I didn't fancy him still being like that at two years old.

Rego im with ya. Im going to do my best to break him of it while ive got him. And ill make dern sure the owner knows whats going on. At least hes not mine and i dont have anything invested in him.

I guess I've been lucky with bulls. We have a black bull now that I swear has found a pot patch somewhere. Laid back, slow moving, whispers to the ladies..... when I'm out with them, he looks at me like "hey dude, got any Doritos" :lol: .

However, last winter, we had a really cold spell for about 4 days. Snow on the ground, temps down single digits at night, teens and 20's day, 40 mph winds. I was wearing every piece of clothing I had, carharts with the hood, and a scarf (like having on blinders), squinting my eyes because of wind and sleet, with a sack of cubes on my left shoulder. Next thing I know, I'm 4 feet in the air, upside down. To this day I have no idea which one it was. Cracked ribs and had a problem breathing for a few weeks. Lucky they didn't walk on me, cause that bag of cubes busted open around me. I think the whole incident spooked them, and they backed off. I changed my feeding method

i have had a few cows run up on me from behind when i carry a bag of cubes in the feeding area.i dont think they r tryn to hurt me but they sur want the cubes and will knock u over to get em.

:help: I know that's serious business but somehow from your description of the upside down flight with a busted bag of cubes............funny funny'!!!!!!!!!! :help: :lol2:

I hate feeding cows in the pasture after dark because my older Tarentaise momma would like to become a "lap cow." Now that winter is here I feed in the barn where there are lights, but it is a concern when the cows are trying to get their feed, even whey they are typically respectful of my space.

I had a Brangus bull that was fine until he was about 4. He started by just getting too close. I put up with it until I got knocked down opening a sack of cubes. I tried breaking him of it with a t post across the nose. He got sold. He never was mean, just lost any fear he had of me. I have a Hereford bull now that won't get within 20 feet of me. I like that much better and he's alot easier to load.

hooknline":2plwemh8 said:
Gotta make sure everyones covered first.
And for clarification when i say crawling up my rear i mean a foot or less most times.
Another 2 wreks and i can make sure everyones covered. Then hes gone.

I would be getting rid of him now,life is short enough without putting up with a aggressive bull.You might want to use him 2 more weeks,but if he sets his mind to it.He could put you in the hospital for 2 weeks or even worse.Your going to feel pretty stupid if that is the end result!!

Latest posts