Things I absolutely hate.....

Help Support CattleToday:

My farmers will start milking at their normal time if I am not there and have not at least given them the courtesy of a call.... mostly it is traffic that I get caught up in/accident or something... but I try to leave to be there at least a 1/2 hr before milking... or if I have to set up I try to be there an hour ahead so that I don't have to rush to set up which normally takes 20-30 minutes most farms.
It is rude to constantly be late... even with family and not really wanting to go there... I have left my son behind a few times when he was constantly late.... he's gotten ALOT better about being on time....

Working in the woods in the PNW they cure tht late issue. The crew bus stops to pick you up. If you aren't there climbing out of your rig. They just drive on. About the second time they leave without you a different job will be in your future. If for some reason you are late you had better drive like crazy to catch up with them or at least arrive on the job site before work begins. No reasons or excuses taken.

The construction crew here work 7:00 am to 3:30 am. When they have a job opening the foreman schedules interviews for 7:15. He weeds out quite a few that way. If they can't get there at 7:15 for an interview they won't be able to get there at 7:00 to work either.

And a few years ago I had a guy show up 15 minutes late for an interview. No call, no text, no nothing; just showed up 15 minutes late. He didn't get the job.

No problem with the Chevy nor the miles, just update the radio to one with a Bluetooth use some app. To play whatever music you like. 🤷🏽‍♀️ or listen to radio I don't care. Nobody cares really. Sing if you want too as long as we don't have to listen. Hahaha

There's a Texas country station in Hempstead that plays music I like. I listen to it in the morning until it fades out; usually about the time I get to College Station, but if it's raining it will hang on a little longer. Then I switch to a classic rock station from Houston. It also plays music I like; at least most of it.

Some folks listen to the radio for things besides music....

I occasionally listen to Dave Ramsey. Although I'm pretty conservative, I don't listen to political talk radio.

My farmers will start milking at their normal time if I am not there and have not at least given them the courtesy of a call.... mostly it is traffic that I get caught up in/accident or something... but I try to leave to be there at least a 1/2 hr before milking... or if I have to set up I try to be there an hour ahead so that I don't have to rush to set up which normally takes 20-30 minutes most farms.
It is rude to constantly be late... even with family and not really wanting to go there... I have left my son behind a few times when he was constantly late.... he's gotten ALOT better about being on time....

Reminds me of a time my mom left me back in elementary school. My cousin and sister kept telling her I hadn't come out the school yet and got in. She thought we were messing with her and I was hiding behind the back seat. I really wasn't in the vehicle. She left drove on miles down the road. I came out couldn't find her, my cousin, or sister... everybody by that time had left school. Finally after a while she realized my cousin and sister wasn't playing I wasn't in the vehicle turned around came back to the school embarrassed as heck to get me.

Reminds me of a time my mom left me back in elementary school. My cousin and sister kept telling her I hadn't come out the school yet and got in. She thought we were messing with her and I was hiding behind the back seat. I really wasn't in the vehicle. She left drove on miles down the road. I came out couldn't find her, my cousin, or sister... everybody by that time had left school. Finally after a while she realized my cousin and sister wasn't playing I wasn't in the vehicle turned around came back to the school embarrassed as heck to get me.
You would have been a nightmare of a daughter Shell.

Ken

Disposable eating hardware.

I don't mind "paper" plates. In fact, for some occasions I prefer them. But……if you're not going to place the fine China, at least buy something that'll support the weight of what you're serving.

Cheap plastic forks? Give it up. There's no such thing as "good" plastic utensils, but some are much better than others.

Disposable eating hardware.

I don't mind "paper" plates. In fact, for some occasions I prefer them. But……if you're not going to place the fine China, at least buy something that'll support the weight of what you're serving.

Cheap plastic forks? Give it up. There's no such thing as "good" plastic utensils, but some are much better than others.
I've seen more food spilled out of those tin foil baking and roasting pans than any other kind of disposable kitchen ware. When they get ready to fold up, they don't half step.

When people want to offer a lower price but rather than just saying... would you take x amount... they try tearing it apart to justify their low number. 🤬

I just had a guy do it to me just the other day. I guess he thought if he tore it down I would be like... oh, you are right, it's a pos, I'll cut you a break. 😄 I finally cut him off and said... I need a number... just give me a number.
Yep. I can't stand that either. It's annoying when I have stuff listed on Craigslist and all they do is send a random text message or email and say "what's the least you would take for it?" without actually seeing or asking anything else about what I have for sale. I learned to just ignore those folks. Those are usually just the tire kickers that will waste your time and expect something for nothing. If someone is seriously interested in something for sale they will usually make more of an attempt at conversation and find out more about what it is or come look. If someone wanted to pay less I would rather they at least make a lower offer and go from there instead of asking me to undercut myself.

Yep. I can't stand that either. It's annoying when I have stuff listed on Craigslist and all they do is send a random text message or email and say "what's the least you would take for it?" without actually seeing or asking anything else about what I have for sale. I learned to just ignore those folks. Those are usually just the tire kickers that will waste your time and expect something for nothing. If someone is seriously interested in something for sale they will usually make more of an attempt at conversation and find out more about what it is or come look. If someone wanted to pay less I would rather they at least make a lower offer and go from there instead of asking me to undercut myself.
I'm not sure where buyers got the idea it's the sellers job to make a lower offer?😄 I don't mind a person texting or what every and saying will you take $X, even if it's low. Just get right the number up front... I don't need a back story.

You would have been a nightmare of a daughter Shell.

Ken

Most likely.
Still is. :)
I maybe a bad 🐴... but there is always somebody bigger and "badder" (worse) I'm getting to old to act a fool. Thank God I grew up before cell phones with cameras, social media, cameras on every house business ect. I did some silly things back in my day. Young and dumb, now just dumb and old. 😝

Haha I actually the good kid. 😇

On the subject of being late, when it came to family get together so, my mother used to tell her brother that we would be eating an hour earlier than she was actually planning to. In hopes that he would be on time. Never failed he always got there about the time we were finishing up eating. We never hated on it, it was always kinda comical.
When going fishing my grandfather used to always tell an uncle that we leaving an hour earlier than we actually were. He was usually always late; in his defense he had three daughters to get going.

I am pretty sure my ex wife would be late for her own funeral.

Drum brakes!

If there ever was a worse design more widely distributed in the auto industry I dont know what it is. Dont stop worth a damn and an absolute pain in the azz to work on!