THIEVES!

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
Nothing can quite describe the feeling of pulling into the lot of your business on a Monday morning to find the place robbed.Smashed the glass out of the front door, stole the cash register,saddles, tack, and a ton of other stuff GONE!.Like the Deputies said, we're probably going to see a lot more of this kind of thing happening. Man down the road just had his brand new John Deere stolen last week. We had never had any problems til early Monday A.M. or Sunday night.Every once in a while we'd lose some Hay, Straw, or a post here and there.I'm fixin' to run an ad in a couple papers, and offer a reward for arrest and conviction. Hopefully it was some "Dope Heads" that did it, and someone will sing for a good reward. I just wish they had been in the building when I got there.

Like a hot iron in the stomach? Like the turbo just kicked in on those little acid pumps in your stomach? Like a Size 11 just clipped you behind the ear? Like you've been violated? Hopeless rage?
I just hope you don't find out it was a customer or their kids.
Sorry you've become a statistic. Nothing like having inventory in states evidence.

Sorry to hear it.

Put in an alarm system with a camera. They also make fake cameras that are cheap. You could put those outside that way it appears the whole place is covered.
And then put signs and stickers all over letting people know the place is under security surveillance.

Sorry. Having lived in towns and small cities most of my life I know how it feels to have things stolen (not on the scale your talking about of course, but the same feelings).

Mike

Crowder - that just bites.... speaking of stolen items I walked into our shed the other night to pull out the lawnmower and everything else is fine, except for my bike (bicycle)... everyone else's is there, mine is the only one gone, and mine was the most $$ ... no tools gone, moped fine, just my bike... it makes you just want to ring someone's neck!! Your situation is worse tho, being your business.... I truly hope you get justice!!

I guess we're all preachin' to the choir on this one. Several years ago dad went out on a Monday morning to get in his truck and it turns out that someone else already had - never did recover the truck, police didn't seem too concerned about it - I guess all they can do is catch red light runners and truckers that are overweight.

Isn't it amazing how "safe" we rural folks feel...til something like this happens!! Just frosts your hide :mad: !! Best of luck to ya, Crowder, in getting your valuables back!

We have had things turn up missing, nail guns and the like, and we suspect that it was the neighbor's no good brother who was living in a travel trailer at their house. Odd it seems that he would turn up and visit with my husband while he was out working and then things would vanish. And one of us is nearly always home. I hate to think that I have to lock the garage every time I go to the post office. Small town, think you can trust the neighbors, and then something like that happens.

Lo and behold the nail gun turns up at the local pawn shop a few days later! :mad:

Sorry about your losses. I hope they catch who did it.

Crowder, I thought you were MIA yesterday. The amount of posts were down by 50%.

I understand your feelings right about now. I told them Yanks to leave your store alone. I also told the Canadian husband that it really wasn't your store.

I have been the victim of home break in and shop break in myself. :mad:

I was in "Search and Destroy" mode. It usually takes a heck of a lot to make me mad, and this was one of these occaisions. We're out in the Country, and things like this are unusual, but are becoming more prevelant around here. Meth, gas prices, and scumbags moving in. IF only I had caught em'. Would have put them in a hole somewhere. :mad:

Crowderfarms":97trdb2y said:
I was in "Search and Destroy" mode. It usually takes a heck of a lot to make me mad, and this was one of these occaisions. We're out in the Country, and things like this are unusual, but are becoming more prevelant around here. Meth, gas prices, and scumbags moving in. IF only I had caught em'. Would have put them in a hole somewhere. :mad:

Remember I sell those post holes cheap and I think I might have some seconds that were oversize. :lol:

I put up some of those security system signs. I don't have a system but I figure these guys are so dumb them wouldn't even think they are just signs. :idea:

Nothing worse than a thief Crowder. Hopefully somebody will buy somthing that belongs to you and you will get them. I'd say the spotted horse people can help you out with some info.

We lost a 3/4 chevy truck a few years ago. The sheriff told
us the truck was most likely on its way south. A few weeks later truck was found near the Texas border (Eagle Pass)
sitting in the middle of a big ranch stripped of everything that could be carried on foot and destroyed what they couldn't carry. These are the be nice want to be citizens we hear so
much about.

Lammie":1nwfi9yr said:
We have had things turn up missing, nail guns and the like, and we suspect that it was the neighbor's no good brother who was living in a travel trailer at their house. Odd it seems that he would turn up and visit with my husband while he was out working and then things would vanish. And one of us is nearly always home. I hate to think that I have to lock the garage every time I go to the post office. Small town, think you can trust the neighbors, and then something like that happens.

Lo and behold the nail gun turns up at the local pawn shop a few days later! :mad:

Sorry about your losses. I hope they catch who did it.

Tell me about it! except in my case its the neighbor's no good boyfriend. and he knows better than to visit. he and his girlfiend went to detox for two days but they are back now. yesterday there was all kind of gunfire and the cows started running so i assumed they were shooting at the cows from their trailer. i went to check on the cows, again (had just gotten back) and the *beeeeep* started shooting at me! i could hear em whizzing by. i was pist! i just kept driving around hoping he would hit my truck. only neighbors we have adjacent to the property and if its the last thing i do i will run them off, someday.

This is the cow i was looking at when they started shooting at me.
Picture_790.jpg

Sorry this happened, man.. I read once that liquid fertilizer is used to make meth, so it wouldn't surprise me if some punk came looking for some.. :mad:

You've reminded me that I've got about $2000 worth of fence posts and assorted implements sitting out in the open in front of one of my barns.. Time to put it all away and secure the barns as best I can..

Good luck, and I hope you catch the pukes that did it!

Beefy -- Hard to tell from the picture, but I hope the marks on that cow aren't from birdshot... :shock:

Crowder........sorry to hear about your loss! When we lived in town we were hit many times, Motorcycle, Boat, tailgate off of truck, fishing poles out of garage. Had Baseball card shop broke into stole all my comics :(

I would be a rich man if it was not for dishonest people! We just had 7 stores take away our keys to them, not for what we did but because corporate office said no keys to anyone but Management due to shrinkage. It will cramp our schedule due to some thief loading beer out the back door.

Radio shack sells a pretty simple alarm system for a few hundred dollars that can either call you home if it goes off and or set off a loud siren and flashing light. If you are at all close to anyone it would deter the thieves if it all went off. Or could silently call you at home and the cops to let you know they are there.

In WV privately owned camera recordings are 9 times out of 10 not admissable in court as they can be altered by computer, the only ones they use are the ones in public places and fed/state property and in banks.

Aww, heck Crowder! I'm really sorry to hear about that. What an awful thing. I hope you and "the law" get some leads as to who did this, and possibly get some of the goods returned.

Katherine

They do have a suspect they are searching for. IF I could tell yall who they think it was it would blow you away. I cant release any details as of yet, but if they make an arrest, I'll report it ASAP.Bad part about it all, is our Insurance agent FORGOT to add a theft provision to our policy.Unbelievable. :mad:

Latest posts