There goes the neighborhood.

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7":2gcui0eu said:
I didn't know we had hogs here. I haven't seen any sign of them.
Won't be long for you I'm afraid. They travel up the rivers, then spread out. First time we had a problem of the river bottom was this past spring. They left after a little pressure, but they're back with a vengeance now- splinter groups everywhere.

I hope your wrong
We sure don't need them

Jogeephus":3hxkhb9j said:
Our pigs taste just like store bought pigs. They do seem to have a higher fat content.
I can vouch for this. The hog I shot on Jo's place was excellent table fare. Big sow with lots of fat. Jo being a master butcher sure helped things. Jo is a true renaissance man......much like the Dos Equis guy :cowboy:

I don't doubt it for a second. Eaten wild pigs that were truly a treat to eat, and eaten some that as soon as you cut into them when cleaning you knew it was bad idea. Most have fallen into the latter category.

HOSS":1joyma0v said:
Jogeephus":1joyma0v said:
Our pigs taste just like store bought pigs. They do seem to have a higher fat content.
I can vouch for this. The hog I shot on Jo's place was excellent table fare. Big sow with lots of fat. Jo being a master butcher sure helped things. Jo is a true renaissance man......much like the Dos Equis guy :cowboy:

for crying out loud Hoss. Don't make him worse than he already is... :shock: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Actually I will say it here as most of you know Joe and I spent a few days chasing some lopers last weekend and It was for sure one of the best times I have had in years. He is not only one of the smartest people I know but also one of the most humble too. I could not ask for a better man for a friend.

3waycross":vsmpp61s said:
HOSS":vsmpp61s said:
Jogeephus":vsmpp61s said:

for crying out loud Hoss. Don't make him worse than he already is... :shock: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Actually I will say it here as most of you know Joe and I spent a few days chasing some lopers last weekend and It was for sure one of the best times I have had in years. He is not only one of the smartest people I know but also one of the most humble too. I could not ask for a better man for a friend.
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :tiphat:

3waycross":22zw9aa8 said:
HOSS":22zw9aa8 said:
Jogeephus":22zw9aa8 said:

I said he reminds me so much of a good friend of mine. You can't interact with people like that (in life or on this board), without learning something new about every time. He just knows stuff. When I build my next house, if I do anything, I'm putting in a work shop with an area devoted to meat processing. And then I'm going to try to my hand at as many of his and your meat recipes as I can before my time is called. Of course this site is dangerous, behind that I want to build a forge and beat metal around a little like M5.

HOSS":1ar6za3p said:
much like the Dos Equis guy

:lol2: :lol2: I'm gonna have to bookmark this. Can I quote you on this Hoss? :lol2: :lol2:

Hoss, I just hope the next time you kill a hog you shoot it closer to the road and not on an island in the middle of a swamp. :nod:

Oh, but remember how prepared I was. Had bought one of those drag slings you see in stores. Blaze orange to boot and imported from China. The ones you hook the harness to yourself and you act like a mule and drag the game out of the woods. Great idea in theory till the fecking hardware snaps and sends the mule face first into the muddy water.

Jogeephus":1jabf5qs said:
HOSS":1jabf5qs said:
much like the Dos Equis guy

:lol2: :lol2: I'm gonna have to bookmark this. Can I quote you on this Hoss? :lol2: :lol2:

Hoss, I just hope the next time you kill a hog you shoot it closer to the road and not on an island in the middle of a swamp. :nod:

Oh, but remember how prepared I was. Had bought one of those drag slings you see in stores. Blaze orange to boot and imported from China. The ones you hook the harness to yourself and you act like a mule and drag the game out of the woods. Great idea in theory till the fecking hardware snaps and sends the mule face first into the muddy water.

Quote away!

The good part was that after the mule drug it off of the island the hog carcass floated pretty well. It became a big crank bait for alligators. It is had been May instead of February Allie might have drug your butt off deep into Wooly Swamp. The bright side is that you had that bright orange harness on which would have made finding your remains easier :mrgreen:

Been thinking on that harness and can't help but wonder if in your travels to China you didn't teach them how to build in that planned obsolescence which made the thing snap when pulled. If you did, that was just devious. ;-)

Jogeephus":3f8l1six said:
Been thinking on that harness and can't help but wonder if in your travels to China you didn't teach them how to build in that planned obsolescence which made the thing snap when pulled. If you did, that was just devious. ;-)
Yes you are correct. I learned that little trick from the construction companies that build roads these days :lol2:

Latest posts