the value of 100# of manure.

Help Support CattleToday:

auctionboy

Reaction score
What is the value of 100# manure in comparision to 100# sack of fertilizer? My info says one ton fresh manure =10lbs n-5lbs phos-10lbs pot. So #100 manure equals #100fert sack of .5-.25-.5?

The value of fresh manure is that this is how it comes naturally so nature can break it down assimilate and use it in a natural way.

Things that have been happening for Billions of years keep going on and we dont understand but a small fraction of the process

Sorry but I can't resist answering this way even though it is not why you are asking -

auctionboy said:
What is the value of 100# manure...?
If you're the buyer - It not worth much cause it's only a pile of $hit.

If you're the seller - It worth a whole bunch since it in naturally processed bovine vegetative matter extract. Especially if you are selling to the city slicker's for their "herb" garden.

Sorry, but I think it is funny, but I've been spraying fence lines in the heat today and am feeling kinda funny this evening. What are the signs of heat stress? ;-) ;-) ;-) :oops: :oops:

Fertilizer numbers are based on nutrients percentage per volume.

1 bag of 13-13-13 contains 13%N 13%P, and 13%K

unbedded cow manure is roughly 1-1-1

If we are talking the fertilizer value it varies greatly. What type of animal did it come from? Most importantly how was the animal being fed? What form is the nutrient in? There is a big difference in plant availability between organic N and nitrate. What is the moisture content?
The only way to know the answer is to have it lab tested. And even then you just have the results of what they tested.

Latest posts