The Rain Finally stopped so pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Like so many we have had an abundance of rain for the past few days, the forecast was for more of the same today so we were sure tickled when we got up this morning and the sun came out! We headed over to the farm and I jumped on the 4-wheeler to get a few photos of the cattle out on the rye pastures. I took a bunch of photos but for some reason can only post a few at a time so forgive me but I am old and computer challenged!

Great set of heifers.. you got pedigree info on the calves especially they are fancy..

(Great minds think alike I took a few pics this afternoon as well) :lol2:

Jscunn

The first heifer calf C33 is an ET calf out of a cow we raised, the dam is a BC Matrix out of our old E15 cow that is a B/R New Design 036 daughter. E15 is still in the herd at 13 years of age. The sire for the flush was Wulff's EXT 6106. We implanted 4 eggs and got two heifers so really tickled about that. I still have 5 eggs in the tank on this mating. The second calf was just a prime example of what happens when a calf nurses from the back end instead of the side lol. The third calf C82 is out of our herd bull 9R9 and a 5X25 daughter, we have actually given this heifer to Jacob Shiver for his twin boys to start their herd, I think she is going to be a nice start for them. The next photo is C15 the flush sister to the first calf pictured. The C37 calf is an ET calf out of the Coleman Angus program the sire is Sitz Rainmaker 6169 and the dam is Chloe Juanada 7009 we have two bulls on the ground out of this mating and they are both pretty sporty. I don't know who the next calf is but she was showing some cuteness that I had to share. The calf nursing is an ET out of our SAV Blackcap May 0524 cow and our old Coleman EXT 6149 bull, we have three bulls and one heifer out of this mating. The next photo is another of the 7009 X 6169 bull calves.

Now time for you to share some of the photos you took yesterday! It sure was nice to be able to get out and actually see some sunshine!

Oops the 4th photo is C25 not 15 (old eyes) she is a SAV Resource out of a Pathfinder dam that is out of 5x25.

gizmom

I like the Resource calves as well I used his full brother Recharge this year ( ran out of Resource). Hopefully we will like him as well, I now have more Resource in the tank as well as another full brother to Resource Renown.

Look forward to your pictures!

Gizmom

Latest posts