The problem with OCC bulls for me . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":1ppngha5 said:
yep the majority of commercial cattlemen opperate the same way ...most want a 7 frame.[/quote]

Alacowman, who can argue with what most buyers want?
It just strikes me though that at the sale barn cattle sell by the pound not by the inch. Cattle are not one dimensional. It's funny how the mind works though, people automatically assume a frame 7 calf is heavier then a frame 5 calf. A frame 5 calf with width, muscle thickness and capacity can out weigh a pencil gutted, slab sided, frame 7 calf easily, all else being equal.
Cattle are three dimensional and to extrapolate weight or performance from frame score alone is an oversimplified assumption. Once people get something in their mind though regarding preferences you may as well just sell them what they want. :???:

First and foremost the frame may allow the cattle to put on more pounds but if they are not more efficient doing it them they are not the best one's... RFI tests show that size has nothing to do with efficieny.. Results from my test.. Bull A: 4.56 ADG 20.1 DMI mades a 5.65 F:G ratio... with a frame of 6.6... Bull B: 5.0 ADG 19.9 DMI 4 F:G ratio 6.3 frame...

bull B costs $88 less to feed on same test.. YW were A: 1416 B: 1446.... More Frame don't mean more meat... Just size...

Latest posts