The human face of "illegals"

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Once again I have to see it in person. It is so easy to blame Mexicans for all sorts of problems...but as with all of life there is another side. The human one.
A man just stepped out from behind the barn and asked for some water. He was small and wirey, probably in his early thirties although you might guess much older. The border patrol is swarming all over the place about 3 miles below, vehicles, even the plane is flying around...the man asked for some water and the direction to the next town. I pointed and said about 15 miles, gave him some water, a bag of burritos and an orange. Bet he hasn't eaten in a few days and all the water around here for probably 10 miles is stock ponds (yum). He had a jacket but it froze last night and the night before and will again tonight. He was limping as he headed off.

He said he was from Chihuahua City. I'm planning to be in that area just for a stupid fun trip in April. I bought cheap apples yesterday at the store. I could have given him a shower and a ride. I didn't do it. I feel like crap.

I really hate this stuff.

This one is going to shut down real quick.

I agree. There has to be some policy which permits enough migrants to fill our demands for labor and puts an end to people dying in the desert.

As you do to the least of these, so you have done unto me.
Good going, HR.

john, I know you feel bad, and I do, too, listening to your story. I tried to think of what I might have done in your situation, and I don't know that I would have done anything different. It is hard to trust folks you meet out in the middle of nowhere. Thank God someone does. You did the best you could for what you had at the time.

Our Government has failed us, we the people.When Pat Garett was gunning for Jesse James, would you have offered Jesse sanctuary?

If he makes it over my way I'll probably end up hiring him since I'm unable to hire Americans cause $100 per day isn't enough to get off the porch. incidently, my wife called the doctor's office yesterday to arrange an appointment for my daughter to get her shots. Lady at doctor's office said they would not do it since we were not on Medicaid!!!!!! Yeah, we gotta pay cash cause we can't afford insurance with a low deductible. Something is wrong very wrong.

Crowderfarms":ly58yhox said:
Our Government has failed us, we the people.When Pat Garett was gunning for Jesse James, would you have offered Jesse sanctuary?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this but if someone is not threatening me and looks to be in distress I help them if I can. One of those codes of the west or something I guess. Been helped in Mexico several times.

The government doesn't fail us - WE fail. We "elect" soundbite-spewing idiots bought and paid for by big business, pre-determined by the media, often against our own best interests. That is if we even bother to vote in the first place. Then "we" fail to hold them accountable when they lie, cheat, and steal and send OUR children to war. Sorry, I'm in a really bad mood now.

Crowderfarms":2h6wn7fl said:

I might not have offered Jesse James sanctuary, but I'd have given him a drink of water.

Alice

Jogeephus":1e4vq2f6 said:
If he makes it over my way I'll probably end up hiring him since I'm unable to hire Americans cause $100 per day isn't enough to get off the porch. incidently, my wife called the doctor's office yesterday to arrange an appointment for my daughter to get her shots. Lady at doctor's office said they would not do it since we were not on Medicaid!!!!!! Yeah, we gotta pay cash cause we can't afford insurance with a low deductible. Something is wrong very wrong.

That would tick me off, too Jo...more so at the medical/insurance INDUSTRY than anything else, I think.

Alice

I'm not about to do time in Prison to remove lying,cheating, corrupt Politicians from Government.Violent behavior is about the only way they can be removed.

I dont feed and keep up Illegal Aliens either,at least not out of my own pocket. The Government does a pretty fair job of that on their own, with our Tax Dollars.I dont have a lot of respect with folks slipping across our borders illegally. There are proper channels for immigration.

Sorry, Hippy. I was just scanning through and I am not used to those darn avatars on the wrong side! I have been really confused on several threads like that.

Same thing, though. You do what you can. You did what you could at that time. I am sure he appreciated it.

I would have give the person water and a meal and a job if he would have taken it. You cannot blame the person for trying to feed himself and his family. Yes, I blame the government for this. Cut out welfare and all assistance and make everyone responsible there would not be job here for them to come for. As for Jessie James may not have given him sanctuary but I would not admitted seeing him.

Hippie Rancher":2w19j3tt said:
The government doesn't fail us - WE fail. We "elect" soundbite-spewing idiots bought and paid for by big business, pre-determined by the media, often against our own best interests. That is if we even bother to vote in the first place. Then "we" fail to hold them accountable when they lie, cheat, and steal and send OUR children to war. Sorry, I'm in a really bad mood now.

Dang good post. You got me in a bad mood as well.

Crowderfarms":30lbcoua said:
I'm not about to do time in Prison to remove lying,cheating, corrupt Politicians from Government.Violent behavior is about the only way they can be removed.

That is purty weak..... Voting? Being educated in the facts to cast an intelligent vote is the answer.

Crowderfarms":dgklacuq said:

Son, that's a scary thought...and a scary comment...and one that I cannot or will not not adhere to. And, when I discover that this is the prevailing sentiment within my country, I will finally say dear Lord, will all due respect, take me home.

Alice

Alice":3m8u4ylg said:
Crowderfarms":3m8u4ylg said:

Son, that's a scary thought...and a scary comment...and one that I cannot or will not not adhere to. And, when I discover that this is the prevailing sentiment within my country, I will finally say dear Lord, will all due respect, take me home.

Alice
Alice, I've read all your posts on this thread and your thinking has been exceptional. :tiphat:

Larry

Alice":2fquuy0r said:
Crowderfarms":2fquuy0r said:

Alice

He is not totaly wrong sweety. You got to wonder why we are here in the first place.

Hippie rancher, It is nice you trusted this man, but whatever wrong he does here the blame falls on you. People talk about the government failing when everyone here says they would go out of there way to help this man flee from authorities! I hope this man you only assumed was looking for work doesn't rape anyones daughter, you kind hearted person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts