The Heat

Help Support CattleToday:

1wlimo":e53b8yn1 said:
TexasBred I had not been thinking of polutation at all, just why should I pay for a mordern wood frame house that needs to be replaced every 40 years, needs central heating in winter to keep functional, and A/C in summer and keeps needing my hard earn money?

Then there are those in houses that are better designed, last longer and cost less to run.
I see nothing wrong with central heat or air...I see them as necessities. Dang sure never going to cut wood again. But I wouldn't own a house with a 40 year life expectancy either...hardly anyone builds frame homes down here anymore.

Caustic Burno":3mzipn0z said:
TexasBred":3mzipn0z said:
1wlimo":3mzipn0z said:
On the subject o houses and them getting too hot, may be if they built houses properly there would not be so many issues. The traditional Queensland house with a wide veranda all the way around and the kitchen seperate kept the house cool, or the houses built as they are in the middle east.

With most people as lazy, fully dependant on modern life may be we need as my grandparents used to say some hard times again to shake people up to reality!!
You really think that would help anything other than population control? If I wanted a mud hut I'd have moved to the middle east years ago. A friend did build a small house of bales of wheat straw a few years ago. Used wood frame then walls of th bales, then covered it with adobe. His hired hands live in it. Says it stays pretty comfortable.

About what mine runs CB and I keep this sucker cold 24/7 in this weather. Like you, I had my time with the old attic fan.
The one I built recently has R-30 in the wall's and ceiling, thermal pain windows the highest eer rating A/C unit I could find. When it is 100+ it start's having to work. I can't even begin to imagine what some people are having to pay in electric bills in older homes. Our bill last month was 207 dollars the highest we have ever had thats in a super efficient house.

Latest posts