The deflated football?????

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan

Reaction score
If I have to hear another news story about the deflated football, I think I will just run into traffic for relief.

The thing that gets me is that they talk about it with the same seriousness as though a setback has occurred in cancer research. :???: People often make fun of celebrity coverage; who cares what Justin Bieber is doing, right? This is in the same category for me. Maybe they could make a tv show from it; maybe "CSI Deflated" or "Football and Order." The sheer intrigue could cause the show to last for years.

In my opinion the coverage on the deflated football ranks almost as important as the proper way to remove netting from big round bales. I don't know what I would have done without this information. Oh well.ignorance.is bliss and I lead a blissful life. :2cents:

I agree with you, but it seems the NFL has found a way to keep itself in free publicity and the networks are gorging themselves on it. I have only heard Jim Gray talk about the real issue, no one else. The real issue is that the football official puts a ball at the line of scrimmage every play. If anything is wrong with the ball, it is his job to throw it out and get a different ball. If any of you watched the game, did you see him throw any balls out because they were not legal? No, he declared every ball used during the game was legal and ready for play by putting them each into play. However, if it was declared an officiating issue, it would go to the stack of other scandals with this Commissioners Office, and probaby would not get any coverage.

The "comments" sections of Indianapolis media are blown up--with Bostonites citing formulas showing that temperature changes will deflate a football. Like any of them attended MIT, or could even find MIT with a map. The Colts footballs were checked, too. And in the same weather, they were within specifications. The Patriots cheat when they can, and cover it up by getting loud.
The only thing I've heard from Indy is "we have to get better." No one is saying the footballs lost the game. No one. The deflatriots will carry this for a long time, and they earned it. Eventually, an equipment manager will be thrown under the bus, with a generous severance to make sure he doesn't talk.
And yes, it's getting old. But any time Beicheat is sweating, I'm making popcorn.

The only 3 numbers in this whole fiasco that matter are:
38 (# of points the Colts lost by)
7 (# of total points the Colts scored)
28 (# of points NE scored AFTER the inflation problem was discovered and fixed)

The whole media driven thing is about nothing more than trying to make it seem the Colts lost for reasons other than poor play on their part and great play on the Pats part.
I've actually seen some people demand a "redo" of the game to be played in Indianapolis. Yeah--that's gonna happen..
sour-grapes.jpg

7 pts--that's not going away--ever.

greybeard":net4u6yl said:
The only 3 numbers in this whole fiasco that matter are:
38 (# of points the Colts lost by)
7 (# of total points the Colts scored)
28 (# of points NE scored AFTER the inflation problem was discovered and fixed)

The whole media driven thing is about nothing more than trying to make it seem the Colts lost for reasons other than poor play on their part and great play on the Pats part.
I've actually seen some people demand a "redo" of the game to be played in Indianapolis. Yeah--that's gonna happen..
sour-grapes.jpg

7 pts--that's not going away--ever.

Nah,the footballs were underinflated. Thats a rules violation and it's only going away when the NFL decides rules aren't important. No Colt is saying we weren't outplayed. But the "It didn't make difference" line is just justifying cheaters. If the sale barn cheats the sellers and the buyers out of $1 each, do you just ignore it?

It's the whole thing. Folks are sick and tired of being sick and tired. Rule changes. Officiating. Salaries. All the way down to a man butch slapping a defenseless lady in an elevator. It goes on and on and on. Fans buy the tickets. Fans watch the games that advertisers pay dearly to air their commercials. 67% of America is disgusted. That, of course, depends on which poll you believe.

They are losing a lot of fan base. Pay attention.

I have deliberately not been paying much attention to this, I saw it pop up on facebook...

Was this football deflated, or not properly inflated?

Am I missing something, or is there one ball for one team and another for the other team? I thought like most sports (soccer, hockey, basketball, etc), that both teams are playing with the same hardware! So both teams would have the same advantage or disadvantage.

Nesikep":1aw1og8g said:
I have deliberately not been paying much attention to this, I saw it pop up on facebook...

Was this football deflated, or not properly inflated?

Am I missing something, or is there one ball for one team and another for the other team? I thought like most sports (soccer, hockey, basketball, etc), that both teams are playing with the same hardware! So both teams would have the same advantage or disadvantage.
Each team provides 12 of their own footballs for the passing and running game. (The balls used for kicking are different balls IIRC) The officials check them all, before the game and again at half time and the on-field officials handle each in-play ball at the end of every single play.
If the Patriots had lost, we wouldn't even be hearing about this.

Latest posts