That time again

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Calving season has started. Had a heifer born yesterday and a bull born this morning. Keep em' coming :D

Mine started calving about a week ago so far 4 bulls calfs and 1 heifer the rest of them are bagged up looking like they will calve any day now. Last year they kinda drug calving out but it looks like this year they will all calve pretty close together.

I started with a bull calf and now have had 6 heifers in a row. Either this trend needs to change or I need to find more pasture to rent.

We had double the number of steers as heifers last year,... was good for the bank account :)

I'm hoping Mega was bred 2 weeks early like I had planned (virgin bull didn't exactly know what to do with her), which would mean I get my first calf in about 3 weeks, otherwise I'll have a bit over a month til it starts here

Mine Started on Dec. 31st, think I will get another one tonight.

Edit: Went out there to check her and she already had it. Nice lil red bull calf already up and moving around.

I got 3 calves in 1 week, 2 bulls, and one heifer. Out of a Straight Forward grandson. AMGV1247060 no problems calving.

after they finish this next 45 days, sit back and watch grow.