First time with heifers calving

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks like big calf for a heifer. Hope it's doing well. Other day had a heifer that calved here. Calf was up and sucking then fell down onto her back leg. She stayed standing there and gently lifted the calf back up with that back leg. I've never seen that before and was quite impressed with the heifer. Always have to watch heifers closer to see that they are mothering up nicely and calf is getting a feeding in.

Looks like big calf for a heifer. Hope it's doing well. Other day had a heifer that calved here. Calf was up and sucking then fell down onto her back leg. She stayed standing there and gently lifted the calf back up with that back leg. I've never seen that before and was quite impressed with the heifer. Always have to watch heifers closer to see that they are mothering up nicely and calf is getting a feeding in.
That is neat. Once I saw my bull...pick up a heifer under her body and gently moved her out of the way, setting her down...like a piece of furniture that was in his flight zone. That too was cool.

Latest posts