Thanksgiving Meal

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":2pbyjn6q said:
I really don't know.

I've been in Little Rock now for a week and most likely will be putting my twin brother into hospice care in the next 24 hrs. It's been a long fight, and he's tired, really tired.

Sorry to hear about that GB. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Do most of y'all just like cool whip from that tub or do you like the real homemade whip cream? I use to just be a cool whip guy till I tried my wife's homemade I can eat a whole bowl of that.

Turkey is ok, but we're not crazy enough about it to have it. We have a ham, corn salad, hash-brown casserole, cabbage casserole(probablysounds terrible, but it's great), rolls, green beans, and pecan pie.

herofan":itokifdf said:
Turkey is ok, but we're not crazy enough about it to have it. We have a ham, corn salad, hash-brown casserole, cabbage casserole(probablysounds terrible, but it's great), rolls, green beans, and pecan pie.

recipe for cabbage casserole please? love cabbage

wacocowboy":33ek4ns3 said:
Do most of y'all just like cool whip from that tub or do you like the real homemade whip cream? I use to just be a cool whip guy till I tried my wife's homemade I can eat a whole bowl of that.

we get the fat free cool whip (or the store generic). Put a frozen scoopful on top of a slice of pie. Heaven. And because it's fat free, it cancels out the pie donchaknow. (Seriously, it tastes just as good)

Ruben Dip in a mini crock pot served with rye bread, triscut crackers and melba toast or torn bagels for dipping.
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz deli corned beef chopped
16 oz sauerkraut drained and/or squeezed dry
16 oz Swiss cheese shredded (2 cups)
3-4 tablespoons sour cream or mayo
3-4 tablespoons thousand island dressing

I work 100- 110 hour week every thanksgiving week, we make fried, smoked, roasted turkeys, prime ribs, hams, freaking 100's of gallons of casseroles, yams, gravy, and cornbread dressing ALL FROM SCRATCH.... I will not eat turkey on Thanksgiving again. 10 years of this has made me swear turkey off. When I get home from a 14-16 hour shift on Thanksgiving day that starts at 2AM and serve 2,500 customers, plus 200 catering gigs that morning, when I get home its a BIG FAT STEAK AND A NICE COLD BEER. Then I head for bed. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Next day out in the deer blind :bang:

BK9954":1iykuwyu said:
I work 100- 110 hour week every thanksgiving week, we make fried, smoked, roasted turkeys, prime ribs, hams, freaking 100's of gallons of casseroles, yams, gravy, and cornbread dressing ALL FROM SCRATCH.... I will not eat turkey on Thanksgiving again. 10 years of this has made me swear turkey off. When I get home from a 14-16 hour shift on Thanksgiving day that starts at 2AM and serve 2,500 customers, plus 200 catering gigs that morning, when I get home its a BIG FAT STEAK AND A NICE COLD BEER. Then I head for bed. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Next day out in the deer blind :bang:
I hear ya...wouldn't want a turkey anywhere near me for a long time. Enjoy the steak and have several beers. ;-)

BK9954":nzkmtlel said:

I first read that to say, "Next day out in the beer blind"!

TexasBred":3iw3lcx1 said:
BK9954":3iw3lcx1 said:
I hear ya...wouldn't want a turkey anywhere near me for a long time. Enjoy the steak and have several beers. ;-)
Like the Workers at the chicken plants,,, don't care if they ever see another chicken...

Grilled turkey is my favorite although you'd have to cut the turkey into halves in order for it to fit into the grill. My mom's cheesy onions and squash with maple bacon. For dessert indian pudding or pumpkin pie.

Latest posts