Tell me what you think about this Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

novatech":22ez26aq said:
Sure would be a waste of good beef to make bucking stock out of genetics like that. But they would bring a lot more dollars.
http://www.mckenneyfarms.com/diamond.html
You should also have some of his progeny DNA tested. With his genetics they should be pretty good.
i thought so too... looks like it would be less gamble to buy brahman cross cows and AI them to bucking bull's

You guys don't understand. I want good genetics. It is not wasting alot of beef when there is more money in producing bucking stock over beef cattle. Don't get me wrong I run beef cattle as well, but the money is in the bucking stock.

I don't know. He looks pretty laid back and mild to me. Breeding somebody's Brahman show bull to Herf cows doesn't seem like a good way to get in the rodeo business.

Brandonm22":3u125n56 said:
I don't know. He looks pretty laid back and mild to me. Breeding somebody's Brahman show bull to Herf cows doesn't seem like a good way to get in the rodeo business.
exactly. that bull im sure was bred from years of culling.. and id bet one was for disposition..although there are other factor's that make a bull buck like a flank strap.... most of the rank bull's are strait up mongrels

ALACOWMAN":2jan8yar said:
Brandonm22":2jan8yar said:
exactly. that bull im sure was bred from years of culling.. and id bet one was for disposition..although there are other factor's that make a bull buck like a flank strap.... most of the rank bull's are strait up mongrels
A lot of their bucking tendencies are also genetic....one breeder I know says he breeds for bucking but also breeds for bulls that WON'T try to kill the bullrider after he's bucked off. I guess he wants a bucker and not a killer or fighter. His bulls are a hodgepodge of everythign in the world but he sells some outstanding bulls also.

TexasBred I like you... You know what you are talking about....I have been around the top 50 PBR bulls at one time. Out of the 50 bulls you could walk up and touch all but 5 bulls in the hay rack while they ate. They are smart animals they know when it is GO time...I want gentile stock, less stress and ans easy to work

ALACOWMAN":3eo2cv3z said:
he looks about right in that area . his dewlap { a little sloppy} and hump might be throwin you off. he could be deeper though......i guess his offsprings hide will be a little loose and roll on the rider, but they will just have to bite down harder with their ass cheeks :lol:

Ala.,

You kill me. :clap:

TexB,

Knowing almost nothing about the breed, I would say, he's fair.

Let me know if those F1's work out. I probably have a Longhorn bull or 2 you might like for your program. :cboy:

TexBrangus":2iiadpjg said:
TexasBred I like you... You know what you are talking about....I have been around the top 50 PBR bulls at one time. Out of the 50 bulls you could walk up and touch all but 5 bulls in the hay rack while they ate. They are smart animals they know when it is GO time...I want gentile stock, less stress and ans easy to work
don't suprize me. given the fact that their handled constantly. it was the same way with ropin' stock.

Latest posts