Tell me what you think about this Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Seems like I've seen that bull before. Is he yours? I absolutely love Brahmans so its going to be hard to find fault.
To answer your question I really like his lenght. I like his color. Would love to see some of his calves. Could be alittle deeper but in my opinion I would for sure use him.

Let me first say that I am not a Brahman person at all.............

He appears to be quite sound - nice angle to his hocks
Looks to have adequate bone
Decent muscling and length
Sheath angle is OK
Scrotal looks good
Bit pinched in the hearth
Could be deeper
Would like to see more masculinity through his front end

Overall pretty decent bull :cboy:

Cowgirl what kind of cattle do you like, and why?.....No, this bull is not mine, but I am going to purchase some straws to AI some of my cattle... I was looking for some opions on this bull.. Thanks for the response.

TexBrangus":29e4is0l said:
Cowgirl what kind of cattle do you like, and why?.....No, this bull is not mine, but I am going to purchase some straws to AI some of my cattle... I was looking for some opions on this bull.. Thanks for the response.

I'm just not a fan of Bos Indicus cattle. I've had little experience with them and they are docked heavily in this area. In particular I'm quite fond to Chiangus cattle; they have worked pretty well for us.

If you're looking to produce some tigerstripes, I think this guy will work pretty well for you. Not sure about the bucking bull thing - I have no idea about breeding for those. I'm sorry if I sounded a bit harsh in my previous post.....

oh your fine, you were not to harsh lol...I am not the biggest pure bred brahman fan, but i like some of their crosses. Also with the access to bucking stock that I have, I cannot pass on it. Besides I love dealing with them.

that would be a bull owned by Carl Mckenney and i have seen him in person and he is much more impressive in person

thanks, bubchub you are right that is who owns this bull.... he is now dead, but has alot of semen left.. so do you think he is a good choice...

*Cowgirl*":3qs2ynoe said:
Let me first say that I am not a Brahman person at all.............

He appears to be quite sound - nice angle to his hocks
Looks to have adequate bone
Decent muscling and length
Sheath angle is OK
Scrotal looks good
Bit pinched in the hearth
Could be deeper
Would like to see more masculinity through his front end

Overall pretty decent bull :cboy:

That is a very good analysis for someone who's not a brahman person, I am impressed that you picked up on the front end part and not ripped him to pieces because of his typical brahman sheath.

No, not just starting been in it a while...I already have some good proven stock. I want to produce as many Tigerstripe calfs as I can.

There is just something about this bull I don't like.......the neck appears to be rather long.......Shouldn't their head be about the same length as their neck? ? ?

he looks about right in that area . his dewlap { a little sloppy} and hump might be throwin you off. he could be deeper though......i guess his offsprings hide will be a little loose and roll on the rider, but they will just have to bite down harder with their ass cheeks :lol:

Latest posts