Teenagers becoming more conservative???

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita

Reaction score
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/07/08/up ... &referrer=

I thought it was an interesting perspective. I can vouch for the theory that when a young person comes "of age" ( in this example, politically aware), circumstance does preclude family influence. I remember watching Reagan debate Carter and realized I was not a democrat. I had previously ask my mother if we were democrats or rebuplicans. She answered that question without hesitation; we were democrats because republicans just want to start wars. Weeks later, after I watched the debate, I realized my mom was nuts. I still love her. I was 10 years old. She is a hard core conservative now.
I think Bez is right. Just wrong about the timing. It's coming sooner.

When I click on it sends me to the subscription page

Kinda hard to believe kids are becoming more conservative with all the liberal teaching they get in school.

Reagan was the first Presidential Election for me, Chuckie. I think I voted against him his first term (Carter) and for him his second term (Mondale). I lived in Casper, WY. Mondale visited Casper which was a big surprise since he had no chance there.

Ouachita, I do not see young voters becoming conservative. Especially those exposed to higher education. Too many professors are preaching their politics in the classroom. I have a lifelong friend who teaches Geology and he has gotten to the point I cannot visit with him without him preaching how conservatives are destroying the US. You can bet his students in the course of a semester get a full dose of it. Liberal politics rule higher education. No mystery there! It is where their money comes from. A guy told me 50 years ago that people are controlled by GUT, CROTCH, and BACK POCKET. He was right.

inyati13":bthejios said:
Reagan was the first Presidential Election for me, Chuckie. I think I voted against him his first term (Carter) and for him his second term (Mondale). I lived in Casper, WY. Mondale visited Casper which was a big surprise since he had no chance there.

Ouachita, I do not see young voters becoming conservative. Especially those exposed to higher education. Too many professors are preaching their politics in the classroom. I have a lifelong friend who teaches Geology and he has gotten to the point I cannot visit with him without him preaching how conservatives are destroying the US. You can bet his students in the course of a semester get a full dose of it. Liberal politics rule higher education. No mystery there! It is where their money comes from. A guy told me 50 years ago that people are controlled by GUT, CROTCH, and BACK POCKET. He was right.

not that he was wrong but nowadays we have a huge segment that are controlled by their "feelings".

Wish I could say he was the first president I voted for
I worked for the campaign on Tricky Dick.[/quote]

me too and I stand by that vote today.

3waycross":rm4m4ym1 said:
Wish I could say he was the first president I voted for
I worked for the campaign on Tricky Dick.

me too and I stand by that vote today.[/quote]

ditto

Nixon was a very good president....but back then the press actually reported and researched and dug up the bumbling and then of course nixon had his deep throat spy....

were he president today all his chicanery would go unnoticed as it is mild by comparison to the reality that is ignored today by the press.

People forget that Nixon was the one who opened the door and turned China from being an enemy to being a more democratic and prosperous country than we have today.

Chuckie":1496tqk1 said:
After this president, Richard Nixon would be a blessing. I don't have bad feelings toward President Nixon.

Watergate was nothing compared to what goes on today. Big brother is watching from all angles.

I voted for Mondale. (hanging my head in shame) His plan to give everyone $1000, but no other welfare, would have saved billions.
I voted for the Democrat in every contest until Jimmy Carters second run. Then, although I couldn't vote for the SOB who nearly bankrupted me with his soybean embargo on the Soviet Union I could only throw my vote away on the independend (Ross Perot, I think). I voted for the indepenent during Reagan's second election, too. But did vote for H.W. Bush once, Clinton twice, and G.W. twice. AT least I can say with pride that I never voted for O. I've seen a lot of politics, and O is the worst of the bad.

john250":10okf2hr said:
I voted for Mondale. (hanging my head in shame) His plan to give everyone $1000, but no other welfare, would have saved billions.
I voted for the Democrat in every contest until Jimmy Carters second run. Then, although I couldn't vote for the SOB who nearly bankrupted me with his soybean embargo on the Soviet Union I could only throw my vote away on the independend (Ross Perot, I think). I voted for the indepenent during Reagan's second election, too. But did vote for H.W. Bush once, Clinton twice, and G.W. twice. AT least I can say with pride that I never voted for O. I've seen a lot of politics, and O is the worst of the bad.

John, I voted for Reagan vs Mondale. I was a registered Democrat at the time. I have never voted for a democrat President since voting for Carter in 1980. I did vote for Senator Max Baucas when I was in Montana. I still would vote for him. I respected his sincerity.

I don't consider myself dem or repub. Just conservative, pro-business, anti-monopoly, pro-free enterprise and all for state's rights and a very small federal government.

Jogeephus":27kotv5l said:
I don't consider myself dem or repub. Just conservative, pro-business, anti-monopoly, pro-free enterprise and all for state's rights and a very small federal government.

Thats good, because the Republicans are no better than Democrats at adherance to those values.

inyati13":3nle0r0o said:
Jogeephus":3nle0r0o said:

Thats good, because the Republicans are no better than Democrats at adherance to those values.

I beg to differ.

Neither parties have shown me anything other than they will happily shirk their responsibility to the country and give it to entrenched bureaucrats and special interest groups just so they can spend time trying to get elected. Remember the contract with America? I'm still waiting on that line item veto to pull the pork out of the bills. And just think where we would be had they stuck all our social security money in private 401K's invested in the stock market. As if they didn't know the stock market would collapse in a few months later. Yeah, I trust both of them.

Latest posts