Need more groceries?

Help Support CattleToday:

Couple more.
This is 107
She raised an orphan last year after losing hers.
20210912_121114.jpg
Here's 106
Remember her? Ol sausage teats..
She raised a good calf too. Hopefully this calf ain't a dummy. If it cant figure it out on it's own this year, she will be gone.
20210912_121038.jpg
Here's Texas!
Does a fine job!
Her last calf was out of my bwf bull. Excited to see this calf out of Big Sexy
20210912_121017.jpg
Corriente?
I took her horns remember?
I think shes one a them outliers folks talk about. Maybe more angus than corriente.
20210912_121034.jpg
And my goodness! This is Shirley. Laverne had to go. Feet trouble. But we still got Shirley! Like this cow. Like her more if she was red or black.
20210912_121127.jpg
20210912_120957.jpg
And o my gosh!
Cant forget Ethyl. Good ol crossbred gal.
Lucy went down the road too. But Ethyl knows how to do a job. Fat lil thang anyway.
20210912_120941.jpg
All bred to my Registered Hereford. Should start calving any minute. Got one or 3 that are getting very close.

I put some hay out just to give em options. They are eating it like pigs tho!
Grass is losing steam and I'm trying to make it stretch. But I dont think they are starving by any means!
These cows always seem to be in better shape here than at home.
Maybe it's the spring water.....
Idk

Last edited:
Murray I like that God awful brindle! She must be close up or if not an easy keeper? I have an 08 model Corrientes
cross that had her 12(?) calf this spring , all in the 1st 30 days of the calving season. Mine looks a lot like yours when she
gets close to calving. For the most part she throws solid red calves. If I do get a brindle 2 to 1 it will be a bull calf!
I like the way you ride for your own brand (read method,) LVR

Bought that brindle gal pre-owned. She given me 2 black calves.
Well, her first was a very very dark brindle/blackish heifer. She brought really good money.
Her last one was a black bull calf.
She really makes the milk and holds condition well. I really will be sad if/when shes gotta go.

I held the bull off over here this time. Should calve from mid/late September to December.
Several of these will be second calvers

Latest posts