And more rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Mrcopier

Reaction score
As of this morning we have gotten 20+ inches of rain. Its is storming outside right now. WOW, Fence have you been getting any???

Rain in NE Texas is crazy too. It's rained nearly everyday since March.

We've had more rain the past 3 years than I ever remember. And yet, after barely getting by during a 3 year drought, I shouldn't complain.

How are your cattle handling it? And crops?

As of this morning we have gotten 20+ inches of rain. Its is storming outside right now. WOW, Fence have you been getting any???
Just missed us today. Had some sprinkles but wouldn't really call it rain.

Yeah, we've gotten more rain in June than we got January through April. Not sure I'm ready for the sun to pop out an$ bake everything...

Hasn't effected my cattle a bit, plenty of grass. The garden is a mess but producing about half normal. Have to throw the other half away because of rot. AND it's fixin to start raining again

We haven't got 20 inches. Been getting lots of little rains. Good for the grass but tanks were still low a week ago. Finally got the big rain last Wednesday night that got them full. I've even got some water gaps to fix.

We stopped at the public boat dock on the Brazos River in Tin Top to look at the flooded river. Happens every 4 or 5 years or so.

brazos getting close.JPGbrazos lone star.JPGbrazos.JPGbrazos working pens.JPG

The new bridge over the river was built in the 70's I think. Story I heard someone blowed up the stone pillars holding up the old swinging bridge, in the middle of night, because they heard an ole man put gold in the pillar during construction.

brazos swinging bridge.jpg

We stopped at the public boat dock on the Brazos River in Tin Top to look at the flooded river. Happens every 4 or 5 years or so.

View attachment 4988View attachment 4989View attachment 4990View attachment 4991

The new bridge over the river was built in the 70's I think. Story I heard someone blowed up the stone pillars holding up the old swinging bridge, in the middle of night, because they heard an ole man put gold in the pillar during construction.

View attachment 4992
That's too much no matter how much you don't like to complain about rain... that is just too much....

The amount of precipitation is somehow abnormal. I don't really like it, but you can't change it on your own.

Latest posts