TD95 New Holland Tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Anyone ever have any experience with the 2006 TD95 New Holland tractor? We are on the third engine as of now. First engine ,disking with a 10ft disk, engine completely locked up, froze 50hrs. Second engine rods started hammering 21 hrs.
second engie was a new crate engine. Now on the third so far so good but only 12 hours so far using loader and box blade.

Cal

Some people have a nack for destroying motors.
There is an art to starting running and driving a motor ,knowing when gunning it won't do any harm and when it will. Not exceeding the rev limits is important.Checking all the lubricants and using the right ones first off is too.

So if you have that right then the motor design is crook. Keep a look out for others with the same problem and throw those problems at your dealer.

[Break the motor in the way you pan to run it, sounds like you have just had a bad run of luck....But if you get this engine....Get rid of the lemon colored NH......Good luck

Never babied it just operated it like always, and made sure all fluid levels were ok. Neighbor about 25mi from me bought one and the r/r axel broke off and the wheel tore up the whole right side of the cab. If this engine turns out bad they're getting a lemon back in their lap. LAST STRAW. FED UP.

Cal

Calman":571iqccg said:
Never babied it just operated it like always, and made sure all fluid levels were ok. Neighbor about 25mi from me bought one and the r/r axel broke off and the wheel tore up the whole right side of the cab. If this engine turns out bad they're getting a lemon back in their lap. LAST STRAW. FED UP.

Cal

THat when you'll find out what your dealer is made of, for sure, I wish you the best....And if the dealer gets uncooperative, bad publicity can do wonders to change an attitude....

Calman":aw7h4tn7 said:
Anyone ever have any experience with the 2006 TD95 New Holland tractor? We are on the third engine as of now. First engine ,disking with a 10ft disk, engine completely locked up, froze 50hrs. Second engine rods started hammering 21 hrs.
second engie was a new crate engine. Now on the third so far so good but only 12 hours so far using loader and box blade.

Cal

Yeah, I've heard that New Hollands have been on a downward spiral for a good while... Last tractor I bought was a 5610S in 2000. Been a real good tractor so far, as long as the stupid electric fuel shutoff relay works. I've roasted about 3 or 4 so far... I have an identical 5610S we bought brand new in 97 and it has an old style shutoff lever on the pump, so when the electric fuel solenoid burned up the second time I just put a kill cable on it, but the new pumps don't have that any more so...

Our New Holland dealer doesn't even hardly sell New Holland tractors anymore... He's selling Farmtracs up in Shiner and the local NH dealer is selling mostly McCormicks. Ever since NH took over the old Ford tractor line and started changing it they've gone to crap. Our Shiner dealer was telling horror stories about the cab tractors and all the problems they were having with them, mechanical and electrical, and you have to basically pull the cab to do anything on them. VERY expensive!

If I ever have to buy another tractor I think I'm going to go older green.... JMHO! OL JR :)

Sure wished we had of went green and may yet.
Have an old 4640 green about an 83 modle is just like the pink bunny, just keeps going and going and going.

Cal

Calman":r1aa4g4p said:

Cal

Well new 3rd engine still doing good. Got 46 hrs on it and still running strong. Just finished disking about 30ac of coastel yesterday and seemed to have twice the power as the other 2 engines. Keeping fingers crossed. Maby third time's the charm.

Cal

Calman":1tb7ig5u said:
Calman":1tb7ig5u said:

Cal

Well new 3rd engine still doing good. Got 46 hrs on it and still running strong. Just finished disking about 30ac of coastel yesterday and seemed to have twice the power as the other 2 engines. Keeping fingers crossed. Maby third time's the charm.

Cal

Good luck to you on the new motor. How old is this tractor?? One thing I've noticed since this whole Tier 2 and Tier 3 emissions regulations have come out on diesels, is that NOBODY really knows how to build a d@mn diesel engine anymore!!!

I drive a schoolbus here and I can tell you from experience that the new buses are complete crap. I drove a three year old bus with a big CAT in it and the thing was missing and spitting and sputtering and choking and coughing and puking the whole time. What a complete piece of crap! I raised the doghouse on it when I got to the parking lot of the school I was driving to and the motor was just SOAKED in freshly POOLED oil, I mean literal PUDDLES of oil standing on the motor, and the doghouse gaskets were disintegrating and it was pumping diesel fumes into the bus body. Now I'm a mechanic and I LOVE the smell of burned diesel fuel, but not from these new engines; they don't smell sweet like the old ones they smell like the gastric discharges of a vulture with indigestion. I was following a 2 year old bus the other day, about 100 yards behind it, going back to the high school, and we're running about 50-55 and everything is cool, then all of a sudden smoke starts POURING out of the exhaust, and I'm not talking about just some soot, I'm talking about pure white billowing solid thick so thick you can't even see there is a bus ahead of you kind of smoke-- tractor pulling type smoke that forms it's own thunderhead type of smoke! Well, we're just cruising down the straightaway, she's NOT accelerating or anything, and I CANNOT even see the back end of her bus for the smoke it was SO thick!! Then, about 5-10 seconds later it clears up totally, like it never did a thing! Maybe ten seconds later is shoots out another huge belch of smoke for a couple seconds then clear, then another couple hiccups of solid smoke coming out, then cleared up for the rest of the trip. It's rediculous....

The new ones roast alternators and have all kinds of computer problems and stuff... it's completely rediculous! I'm glad my bus is the newest "OLD" one (a 92 model) on the yard, because anything built in the last five years is an absolute peice of crap! JHMO! OL JR :)

cowtrek":1z836031 said:
Calman":1z836031 said:
Calman":1z836031 said:

Cal

Cal

Good luck to you on the new motor. How old is this tractor?? One thing I've noticed since this whole Tier 2 and Tier 3 emissions regulations have come out on diesels, is that NOBODY really knows how to build a d@mn diesel engine anymore!!!

I drive a schoolbus here and I can tell you from experience that the new buses are complete crap. I drove a three year old bus with a big CAT in it and the thing was missing and spitting and sputtering and choking and coughing and puking the whole time. What a complete piece of crap! I raised the doghouse on it when I got to the parking lot of the school I was driving to and the motor was just SOAKED in freshly POOLED oil, I mean literal PUDDLES of oil standing on the motor, and the doghouse gaskets were disintegrating and it was pumping diesel fumes into the bus body. Now I'm a mechanic and I LOVE the smell of burned diesel fuel, but not from these new engines; they don't smell sweet like the old ones they smell like the gastric discharges of a vulture with indigestion. I was following a 2 year old bus the other day, about 100 yards behind it, going back to the high school, and we're running about 50-55 and everything is cool, then all of a sudden smoke starts POURING out of the exhaust, and I'm not talking about just some soot, I'm talking about pure white billowing solid thick so thick you can't even see there is a bus ahead of you kind of smoke-- tractor pulling type smoke that forms it's own thunderhead type of smoke! Well, we're just cruising down the straightaway, she's NOT accelerating or anything, and I CANNOT even see the back end of her bus for the smoke it was SO thick!! Then, about 5-10 seconds later it clears up totally, like it never did a thing! Maybe ten seconds later is shoots out another huge belch of smoke for a couple seconds then clear, then another couple hiccups of solid smoke coming out, then cleared up for the rest of the trip. It's rediculous....

The new ones roast alternators and have all kinds of computer problems and stuff... it's completely rediculous! I'm glad my bus is the newest "OLD" one (a 92 model) on the yard, because anything built in the last five years is an absolute peice of crap! JHMO! OL JR :)

Ol JR This tractor dosent have 200 hrs on it. It's a2007 model.

Cal

Latest posts