Tales of Tennessee

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowder - Onliest thing I know about wrong turnin' would be related to NASCAR and I don't know a whole lot about that. I'm reckon' them people must have been right good lookin' if you compared 'em to me.
I will say this about Miss Tennessee - when she put her teeth in, she weren't near as ugly as Miss West Virginia. Poor ol' gal from up here would've done a whole lot better if she'd taken that chew of tobacco out before answering the judge's questions. Was Miss Alabama pregnant? My opinion - she looked like she was 'up close' to me. And that tattoo she had - "I Love MikeC" - weren't that in an odd place?

Crowderfarms":34fco0g1 said:
Bullbuyer":34fco0g1 said:
MikeC":34fco0g1 said:
Bullbuyer":34fco0g1 said:
That application just ain't right - why would Tennessee people subscribe to magazines?
Oh - sorry - must be to look at all the purty pictures.

I was wondering why anyone would apply for residency in Tn. to start with? :lol:

Look what you started FlaBoy. :D

Once again - the $64,000 question. I guess the only reason would be best answered by the old phrase:
"Tennessee - where the men are men and the sheep are nervous."

Bullbiter, All's I can say is the last time I was in W.Virginia, I saw some of the strangest folks I ever seen. They all looked liked they was auditioning for "extras" in a remake of "Deliverance". I bet you aint no different!! Was'
nt you in that "wrong turn" movie?

I lived in Southwester WV for a year. I met some great people. What I did notice is that there was a very high segment of the local poulation that had one eye looking off at another direction. No joke! Much higher than normal. There was also a much higher % of folks that were mentally challenged. I would go into wal-mart and down almost every aisle there was someone with some kind of mental retardation. Speech impediments were very high as well as illiteracy. The local Burger King had a sign on the door saying "picture menus available upon request". Struck me as ridiculous because if someone is illiterate how could he read the sign to know that picture menus were available? This area was noted for the high number of chemical plants. I wonder if something got into the water :?:

I'm not trying to say that all WV folks are like this. I met some very good "normal" people that I still remain friends with to this day. It just seemed like in that particular area something went wrong at one time.

Of course just east of me in the cumberland mountains it is the same way only high crimes like theft and drugs goes along with it. Went to a funeral a few weeks ago up on the mountain. WOW! Talking about Deliverance! Folks came crawling out of those hills that only come to towm once a month. Dirty and unkept with quarts of moonshine to drink in the shed behind the funeral home........almost like out of a movie.

Hoss, I can tell you how this happened to W Va folks. Seems years and years ago there was a big push by the government to clean up Tennessee as they had someone running shine they wanted in Washington to keep them supplied. Well, it didn't take them long to realize that the type folks they had in Tenn just wouldn't fit in up there. So they concocted this plan to run all the folks out of Tenn and then up to W Va by flood'in the state of Tenn with revenuer's. Well it worked. All them folks from Tenn jumped and ran. Well, that is most of them. Some were just so flustered with all the happenings they just hung around and looked dumb (they didn't have to play at it).

Well anyway, those poor folk up in W Va been try'in all these years to recover from all that Tenn (Teen) DNA being deposited up there. Seems their gene pool got contaminated. :lol:

flaboy?":5xzshcvr said:
Hoss, I can tell you how this happened to W Va folks. Seems years and years ago there was a big push by the government to clean up Tennessee as they had someone running shine they wanted in Washington to keep them supplied. Well, it didn't take them long to realize that the type folks they had in Tenn just wouldn't fit in up there. So they concocted this plan to run all the folks out of Tenn and then up to W Va by flood'in the state of Tenn with revenuer's. Well it worked. All them folks from Tenn jumped and ran. Well, that is most of them. Some were just so flustered with all the happenings they just hung around and looked dumb (they didn't have to play at it).

Well anyway, those poor folk up in W Va been try'in all these years to recover from all that Tenn (Teen) DNA being deposited up there. Seems their gene pool got contaminated. :lol:

:lol: That's funny right there! Pretty good comeback.
I heard that after the 2000 election that the Florida beach bums started naming their kids Hanging Chad. They wanted to see how many were named Hanging Chad but nobody could get an accurate count on how many there were ;-)

HOSS":ox2c1cod said:
Crowderfarms":ox2c1cod said:
Bullbuyer":ox2c1cod said:
MikeC":ox2c1cod said:
Bullbuyer":ox2c1cod said:
That application just ain't right - why would Tennessee people subscribe to magazines?
Oh - sorry - must be to look at all the purty pictures.

I was wondering why anyone would apply for residency in Tn. to start with? :lol:

Look what you started FlaBoy. :D

Once again - the $64,000 question. I guess the only reason would be best answered by the old phrase:
"Tennessee - where the men are men and the sheep are nervous."

Bullbiter, All's I can say is the last time I was in W.Virginia, I saw some of the strangest folks I ever seen. They all looked liked they was auditioning for "extras" in a remake of "Deliverance". I bet you aint no different!! Was'
nt you in that "wrong turn" movie?

I lived in Southwester WV for a year. I met some great people. What I did notice is that there was a very high segment of the local poulation that had one eye looking off at another direction. No joke! Much higher than normal. There was also a much higher % of folks that were mentally challenged. I would go into wal-mart and down almost every aisle there was someone with some kind of mental retardation. Speech impediments were very high as well as illiteracy. The local Burger King had a sign on the door saying "picture menus available upon request". Struck me as ridiculous because if someone is illiterate how could he read the sign to know that picture menus were available? This area was noted for the high number of chemical plants. I wonder if something got into the water :?:

I'm not trying to say that all WV folks are like this. I met some very good "normal" people that I still remain friends with to this day. It just seemed like in that particular area something went wrong at one time.

Of course just east of me in the cumberland mountains it is the same way only high crimes like theft and drugs goes along with it. Went to a funeral a few weeks ago up on the mountain. WOW! Talking about Deliverance! Folks came crawling out of those hills that only come to towm once a month. Dirty and unkept with quarts of moonshine to drink in the shed behind the funeral home........almost like out of a movie.

Hoss, With all the forementioned evidence presented with this Jury, the facts have come alive as to Bullbiters Afflictions and issues posing a problem to the majority of us "normal" members of the ranks of the population, of the Great State of Tennessee. Lord help us.

Hoss and flaboy are both correct:
There does seem to be an abnormally large number of physically / mentally challenged individuals. I think the childhood onset illnesses are directly related to poor or non-existent pre-natal care combined with poor parenting.
There are also a huge number of disabilities related to the nature of the businesses in the area - mining, timber, etc.

As for the Tenn. DNA. Yep - the gene pool is dirty and no one knows how to clean the filter!

Bullbuyer":23sv593n said:
There does seem to be an abnormally large number of physically / mentally challenged individuals. I think the childhood onset illnesses are directly related to poor or non-existent pre-natal care combined with poor parenting.
There are also a huge number of disabilities related to the nature of the businesses in the area - mining, timber, etc.

As for the Tenn. DNA. Yep - the gene pool is dirty and no one knows how to clean the filter!

Excuses,excuses. No mention of incestial relations.... ie: Line breeding, etc. Back to this remake of "Deliverance" whats the expected release date?

Alright Crudder - If you'll remember, Deliverance was set in Northern Georgia, likely close to Tennessee. As for the remake, I think that production is being held up due to YOUR contract problems! I think you'll do right good reprising the role that Ol' Ned Beatty held previously.
As for the young feller that picked the banjo, shoot - we got's a slew them type young'uns! The offspring from some of your wimmen folk that moved up here and took up with our 'cellar dwellars".

Now I has sat here an watched ya'll verbalizin abuse at my beloved homeland long as I kan.

I'm puttin out the call to the Posse as we speaks!!!
All ya'll what been badmouthin Tenn. can expect a visit in the middle of the nite real soon. :lol:

Bullbuyer":7p8c8p19 said:

When I was just a shirt tale kid my mom was the county health dietician for Cable county WVA. I remember going on her rounds with her and seeng how some people lived. Diapers hanging out to dry, not cleaned and hanging out to dry mind you, just hanging out to dry. Cabins with dirt or board floors with inch plus gaps between them. Pots of possum or coon stew brewing on the oven. I thought it was normal.

Then we moved to Ohio and they thought I had a speach/learning problem because I talked funny. :lol: I still have the problem, but have since learned English, maybe its Okie English, but it is English, so they tell me. :lol:

Bullbuyer":1gwhag54 said:
Alright Crudder - If you'll remember, Deliverance was set in Northern Georgia, likely close to Tennessee. As for the remake, I think that production is being held up due to YOUR contract problems! I think you'll do right good reprising the role that Ol' Ned Beatty held previously.
As for the young feller that picked the banjo, shoot - we got's a slew them type young'uns! The offspring from some of your wimmen folk that moved up here and took up with our 'cellar dwellars".
Bullbreeder, May have been set in North Ga., BUT it was all written by a feller who fled W. Va. as a kid...I also hear a remake of a snuff film titled "Bunsmoke" and "Charleston Chicken Hawker" are soon to be available on DVD. BTW, I heard the 2 most confusing days in W.Va. are Father's Day and Grandparents Day. :lol:

Sibling Rivalry, W.Va. style: Family of 8 Boys and 3 Girls have a big fight over who's gonna Marry, each girl when she turns 14.

Now, Would you like to call a truce? I can keep goin'. :D

Bullbuyer":xvgxm3oh said:

I think you'll do right good reprising the role that Ol' Ned Beatty held previously.

I saw Deliverance when it came out...I was quite young...in fact young enough to ask my friends who went to the movie with me what that Ned Beatty scene was all about.

They told me...turns out I wasn't that young...just naive and very sheltered.

Remembering it disturbs me to this day. :shock:

Crowder, I don't care how much money you are offered to play that part...turn it down!

Alice

Alice":mi2y2yai said:
Crowder, I don't care how much money you are offered to play that part...turn it down!

Alice

My agents have never even contacted me about a contract. Seems Flaboy's done rehearsed and they chose him, they said he was a "Natural" for the part.MikeC will be happy to hear he's been accepted as Body Double... :shock:

Crowderfarms":1byzz827 said:
Alice":1byzz827 said:

Alice

My agents have never even contacted me about a contract. Seems Flaboy's done rehearsed and they chose him, they said he was a "Natural" for the part.MikeC will be happy to hear he's been accepted as Body Double... :shock:

I'll pass on this one. Flaboy may want to "Double" his enjoyment by bein' his own Double! :lol:

Wonder if he can squeal? :shock:

There ya'll go hurting my fragile feelings again. Crowder, I haven't squealed since I sent your first wife back to you. I was so happy and she had two years to prepare for her 16th birthday. She said she needed those 2 years to get her BCS up to a level you would accept. She figured she could put on about 200lbs a year for ya.

BB, you are correct. The film took place in N Ga. Seems some of that tainted Tenn DNA slipped over the boarder.

WP, posse? Heck I just finished filming Inbred Redneck Alien Abduction. It's a story where I try to get the Aliens to take back all the Tenn folks they captured. :lol:

Crowder - Figures you'd be the first one to raise the white flag! Didn't figure you had the intestinal fortitude for a long battle. Course, we couldn't do no battle of wits, bein' as you're not armed and all.
I will consider your surrender but I insist on some sort of 'spoils of war". Something along the lines of a bushel of them Tenn. maters or big ol' bowl of white beans like they used to have at Opryland when I was a kid.

And BTW, the single most confusing day up here:
LABOR DAY! Not many are familiar with the concept.

Is it true that the Tatto business is thriving up there?

I hear the reason is they have a good "Financing" deal. :lol:

MikeC":plgiyemz said:

Is it true that the Tatto business is thriving up there?

I hear the reason is they have a good "Financing" deal. :lol:

And all along I thought it was their return policy

Latest posts