tack room / sleeper

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
I bought a 4 horse, horse/cattle combo. that has a fairly good size tack room its a older WW that is in fairly good condition. I am wanting to use the tack room as a sleeper when I go ride my mules on overnight rides, I think it will be fine for just me, I was wondering about spraying it with spray foam insulation ? good or bad idea ?? Also there is no windows only a top vent, any ideas on putting a couple small windows for fresh air. I don't want to do something that will break the bank just something simple and easy, its NOT something a will be using every week, maybe 4-5 times a year. probably use a little buddy heater or elec. heat in cold weather and may install a small window unit in front under the hitch a lot of the rides we go on have elec. hook ups.

I probably wouldn't cut windows, but it could easily be done. If it didn't have a camper door, one could be bought with a screen door. Insulation doesn't stick to great to those. Most people cut sheets of insulation, and tape them in. The vent in the top will accommodate a fan. They do pretty good sucking air through the trailer.

Around here that would make somebody a good home. I can't see insulation or window installs hurting.

If I wanted windows I'd go to a trailer supply and get the bus type sliding windows. One of those in each side of the nose and it'd look factory.

DLD said:
If I wanted windows I'd go to a trailer supply and get the bus type sliding windows. One of those in each side of the nose and it'd look factory.
Yes that was the plan , make it look nice

Latest posts