Data recovery- clean room cost

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had to have the data on their hard drive recovered via a clean room hard drive repair? If so what was the cost to recover and what size was the hard drive?

Two days ago I lost my hard drive, I think it was a power surge although the computer is plugged into a surge protector. We had a power outage and when the power came back on the computer would not boot up. I just get a click every second or two, the hard drive's trying to start up but won't. Had it into two local computer guys and both say the only way to get it back is for a tech to dismantle the hard drive in a clean room and repair/rebuild the hard drive. This is my business computer that I use at home, it has payroll, and all my accounting data on it, plus my cattle records and most of our digital photos over the last few years... :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: . The computer has 2 hard drives (drive C: and drive D:) so I did all my work on c drive and backed it up on d drive...... silly dumba$$ me, since the computer had two hard drives I figured it had two hard drives. Only to find out too late that it has one hard drive that is split in half.... :mad: :mad: . Live and learn just because it has two doesn't mean the mean it has two.

Yes, I will be backing up on an external hard drive from now on and get a new surge protector. I do have all my data in files on hard copy (paper)... boy won't that be fun getting ready for taxes. :cry2: :dunce:. Anyway, anyone with experience in this area before.....Macon?

In my research I have found the cost is anywhere from $150 to $3500, some of it depends on the size of the hard drive and the extent of the damage. I have lost 3 or 4 hard drives in the past and they all have giving me warning signs in the past, grinding or rapid clicking. This one was fine until the power outage.

Thanks for any help,
Alan

Edit; Yes, I know it sucks to be me!