Syringe use?

Help Support CattleToday:

A Syringe used multiple times to vaccinate mutiple cattle using the same product does NOT contaminate the product in the bottle when a clean needle is placed on the syringe between each animal and if you know how to draw up your meds correctly, observing to see that no blood is in the leur hub of the syringe before the new needle is applied.

Most vets don't even go as far as to change needles each time, except for the case of blood draws for obvious reasons, contamination of the sample

Washing the syringe with anything other than water (boiled)n can leave residue in the syringe, which can affect the efficacy of the product

With the cost of some vaccines, antibiotics etc. and the much desired affect of vaccines or antibiotics etc.
RISK of reducing the value to your herd by using Disposable syringes over is just plain foolish,

The cost is negligable, and the time to wash and clean etc. costs way more they I can afford to insure I have sterile tools, My time is valuable, and I can afford to be safe, and use and discard disposable products

I stick a sterile needle in the vaccine bottle and leave it there until the bottle is empty. Then I use 1 needle per animal. But I use the syringes more than once if using the same product.

TXBobcat":2xzpdu0d said:
Speaking of disposable needles and such, where do ya'll dispose of the needles and syringes once you are through with them?

We just throw them in the burn barrel.

dun

Latest posts