What conditioner should I use for my steer?

Help Support CattleToday:

I am getting my first show steer in a month and I was wondering what some good conditioning brands are?
I think that "Brand" is the wrong thing to ask on this board. Percentages of input are much better to use. I am not being critical, because I realize this is your first Steer and you are wanting to learn and win. Reach out to @Jeanne - Simme Valley. She can guide you I believe.

@London R did reach out to me.
What @sstterry was referring to - just plain old elbow grease works best for a good haircoat.
Your calf needs to be kept indoors during the day,, and let out to buck & play at night. You do not want him in the sun.
Sorry Jeanne, I thought that @London R was referring to finishing the steer out for show, not grooming it's coat.

At home I just use cheap walmart people hair conditioner. Squirt in the bottom of a bucket, mix with water, dump it over them, and brush, and blow it out. Do that about once a week, along with normal daily rinsing, brushing, and blow. Kleen Sheen daily at the fair, for the final shine. Then Zoom bloom on show day for hair set, and fluff.

Sorry Jeanne, I thought that @London R was referring to finishing the steer out for show, not grooming it's coat.
Oh dear! ROFLOL. I saw the initial post and almost replied "Suave" just to be funny as I thought London was asking what feed was needed. Although, both aspects of 'conditioner' are of vital importance in the show ring. I wish London the best of luck.

Latest posts