Do any of you have a solution to needle/syringe storage?

Help Support CattleToday:

TTBHG

Reaction score
I'm sure like most of y'all I have multiple lengths, gauges of needles, multiple CCs of syringes, etc. Has anyone found a creative storage solution with a tool box, tackle box or something like the tool packout systems?

Any pictures of what you have would be awesome.

We just use an old Plano tackle box. The dividers separate the different size needles, syringes, and other things we keep in it. Works pretty well for us.
That's exactly what I use too. I keep a supply of them in it, then keep the bulk boxes that they come in on a shelf in the garage.

When I worked for the vets, they simply had boxes of various needles and syringes on their trucks (locked up at night); they also had Sharps containers on the truck for the used needles; used syringes went into a trash container on the truck, emptied daily. The office also had a Sharps container and that took a good deal of time to fill up. Here's some info on Sharps that might be helpful: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices...me-work-and-travel/sharps-disposal-containers.

When I worked for the vets, they simply had boxes of various needles and syringes on their trucks (locked up at night); they also had Sharps containers on the truck for the used needles; used syringes went into a trash container on the truck, emptied daily. The office also had a Sharps container and that took a good deal of time to fill up. Here's some info on Sharps that might be helpful: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices...me-work-and-travel/sharps-disposal-containers.
I use primarily disposable needles/syringes and fill up any random plastic container with the needles, tape the lid shut with orange duck tape & drop it off at my vet.

I use a Stack On tool box, the top boxes come off which makes it super easy to carry when I don't need the whole vet box. I use a separate smaller toolbox for all my syringe guns (I keep them in open Ziploc bags marked with the gun type, size, and use after I clean them each time).16229051119594833235592235748032.jpg16229053465182367417631417874778.jpg

I eat a lot of peanut butter and the 2 and 4lb clear plastic jars are handy, clear so you can see inside and the openings big enough to get your hand in.

God bless I want me like ya'll when we grow up!!!
We just go buy them as we need them or dig around for hours looking for some we know we have somewhere. 😆 I'm not going to lie. Than again we don't have 100+ cows either.

We use a shower caddy that I got at Walmart for $2. It has 4 compartments and a handle on top. Makes it easy to just grab and go. I keep the needles in a ziploc bag down in one of the compartments.

I'm sure like most of y'all I have multiple lengths, gauges of needles, multiple CCs of syringes, etc. Has anyone found a creative storage solution with a tool box, tackle box or something like the tool packout systems?

Any pictures of what you have would be awesome.