Survey Question

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady":2oc5jj16 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!! You guys are BAD.

I'm pretty sure she can kick y'all's butts, so you'd better be careful!

Ya'll remember the wampuskitty thing Caustic mentioned???????

I dated a cowboy who chewed once. Relationship lasted a day. Nice guy too.
From a single cowgirl's point of view that stuff is nasty. No cowboy who chews is going to lock lips or anything else with me.
:)

Not to say that tobacco is OK, but I've seen more people die from cancer that never touched a smoke or chew in their life. I reckon some people are just prone to get it more than others. Know plenty of women who got breast cancer, and surely they didn't have a cigarette stuck in their boob!

All I want to know is : Where's all the money , that I'm suppose to be saving , from not smoking and dipping??

One can of snuff = 4.00
One pack of smokes =4.00

This is a average , I'm sure some of ya'll out there pay more , or pay less.
Some of ya'll don't go thru a can , and a pack like I did.

so 365 X 8.00 = 2,920

I havn't been dipping , or smoking for a couple of years , and I'm still broke!!

What's up with that??

D.R. Cattle said:
Not to say that tobacco is OK, but I've seen more people die from cancer that never touched a smoke or chew in their life.

They say that second hand smoke is worst than actually smoking yourself.
I know of one person that has lung cancer and then it spread elsewhere that doesn't smoke, but, has lived with a smoker for 30 something years.

But, back to the orginal post of dipping. I've got my husband trained to where when he dips he does it all outside. That worm dirt isn't allowed in the house, but, then when anyone that smokes come over to our house they have to smoke outside too.

dun":13mukte3 said:
D.R. Cattle":13mukte3 said:
surely they didn't have a cigarette stuck in their boob!

Kind of tacky, but a valid observation.

dun

Sorry, I tried to think of a better way to illustrate. Grandpa started chewing snuff when he came home from the big war, dipped till he died of old age. Others have used it for a year and had problems. Some people eat fried food all their life with no problem, others die from heart disease even when they were careful. Then scientists revise their statements every day about what is good for us and what is bad for us. What gives?

Craig-TX":3q0i4gnb said:
Keep it quiet but the word is that txag chews Cannonball plug.

Craig-TX

ha ha. s'pose i deserved that, though ;-)

truth is i tried Copenhagen once in high school on a dare & once again in college at a party (no elaboration on that one :) ). very nasty-tasting stuff, but i can proudly say i didn't get sick either time! :D

R.T.":pp6yfhq3 said:
No bad habits but, I do enjoy a sip of wild turkey every once in a while.
RT

I hear Ya, Been known to pass the jug of sipping whisky around with the boys, But if there's chewing going on, no thanks! ;-)

Rod

D.R. Cattle":gmd3x9tf said:
Not to say that tobacco is OK, but I've seen more people die from cancer that never touched a smoke or chew in their life. I reckon some people are just prone to get it more than others. Know plenty of women who got breast cancer, and surely they didn't have a cigarette stuck in their boob!

Dad got it on his lip and spread to his jaw and he never smoked or chewed a day in his life. Cause - sun exposure. But every doctor time and again asked if he chewed or smoked.

I commend you men who quit for your family and yourself! It is hell on the one who has the cancer - pulling all the teeth, total reconstruction of the face around the mouth after they take the cancer away and have to pull your upper lip skin down around to make a some what chin and lip, and if your lucky if it gets in the jaw that they can pull the cancer out of the spot without taking the whole jaw out. But the worst is the radiation after about 3 weeks. The throat and mouth are burned and you can't drink/eat or swallow, and want to be put out of your misery because it hurts so bad. Some instances they have put a tube in the stomach to feed people, but dad tried his darnest to keep some what normal and drink his food. Even though he lost better than 50 lbs.

Tried one cigarette one time when I was about twelve or thirteen. Never had a taste of chewing tobacco, or any alchoholic beverages in my life.

Latest posts